Question about depotting MAC shadows

Iluvbags

The original Iluvbags
O.G.
Oct 18, 2005
As a rule I generally buy the pro pan because I like shadows in a palette. but i have some limited edition shadows that I want to depot and some that I've bought from the cosmetics counters that do not sell PRO.

Where do you all get your magnets from to put on the back? Im so afraid to screw something up that I want to have all the details on what to do perfectly before i depot my first shadow.

the magnets are available just about any stationary, fabric, or arts+crafts store. Hmmm.. I can probably bet that dollar stores have them too, they have everything these days lol.

As for the LE e/s, I have some too, but I would not depot them... (1) they use different types of materials to hold the e/s in place (eg. I have some in metal and others in plastic and others in (faux?) leather); (2) depotting would ruin the beautiful LE palette; (3) some LE e/s probably won't fit the pro-palette e/s slot.

I got my magnets at Michael's. Unfortunately, they didn't have magnets small enough for the pans, so I bought the magnets they had (business card sized), and cut them into little circles to fit the size of the pans.

thanks guys. You are right. I probably should not depot my LEs. I need to think about that.

I am going to go by Michaels next week to look for magnets.

I depot all the time, because I'd otherwise run into serious storage issues (and I'm constantly shattering my LE's by dropping them). I use refrigerator magnets (I get free ones from advertisments, etc.) and just glue them onto the back of the pot, then cover them with the label.

I depot all the time, because I'd otherwise run into serious storage issues (and I'm constantly shattering my LE's by dropping them). I use refrigerator magnets (I get free ones from advertisments, etc.) and just glue them onto the back of the pot, then cover them with the label.

oh wow. refrigerator magnets. Good idea. What kind of glue do you use to hold it down?

^lol ya... that's what I did too. I took one of my e/s that I never use and depotted it BEFORE buying the pro-palette. Otherwise, it's like... if I can't even depot them properly, I'd be wasting ~20$ on an empty palette!!! :Push: LOL