Question about Denim Optic C bags

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
    Hey gang,

I have a friend who received a "Coach" bag as a gift recently. I caught a glimpse of it and it made me wary. I'm not sure it's fake yet; I haven't had a chance to check it out, and I don't even want to go there with her unless there is a valid reason to.

So, here's the question:

Do denim Optic C bags ever have Cs that are NOT shades of blue? I have seen optic demin bags with all blue Cs (in varying hues), but hers had some khaki/tan Cs thrown in. I believe it also had tan/doe leather accents at the corners.

Again, I can usually spot a fake a mile away, but I'm not familiar enough with this line to make the call with the short glimpse that I got. I wish I could post a pic, but I SO can't do that to her. I was hoping that some of you may be able to provide pics of authentic bags fitting this description if there are any.

Thanks a bunch :smile:

ADDENDUM: Oh yeah - if it IS fake, what do I do when she officially shows it off to me? She is a fan of Coach, but she hasn't bought one for herself in years, so she would have no idea what is real these days and what is not. Her daughter has a fake swingpack, but she's a kid and I don't know if it was given to them by the same person of if her daughter just wanted a look-alike bag for cheap.

I don't think kids should wear fake bags for the same reasons that adults shouldn't, but I don't judge them harshly at all when they do. They're kids for God's sake, KWIM?

I can't act like I'm happy that someone got her a fake bag if they did, but I don't want to seem like a handbag snob by pointing out that a purse she is happy with is not authentic. I also don't want her going around telling people about her Coach purse and have someone else break her face if it isn't. HELP!!!

2. I am do not know if the bag is a fake but I am having a simular issue with my SIL. Her BF gave her a Super Fake Leah and she is so in love with it.. She does not know much about bags and she know that I am a Coachie and she wants my oppion on her bag and like you I do not know what to do...

3. #5 Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  4. Thanks Sarah and Ars, but no cigar.

Your pics did help me a great deal, however. I now see that if the bag is real at all, it would probably be a tonal denim bag and not optic. But now I am confused again because if my memory serves me correctly (and it does), the Cs overlapped. I thought the overlapping would make it an optic bag, but again, all of the Cs were not blue. Some were tan.

However, the shape of the bag and brightness of the colors worried me the most. Even in passing, they didn't look right.

The next time I see it, I will update the thread with more details. Or maybe there is something in the fakes section of the site that looks more like the bag I saw :sad:

5. When I first read your post I immediately thought of these prints. I distinctly remember the blue with some beige mixed in optic. However, I am sure that if you can see the bag up close there will be other things that give away its authenticity. Difficult situation...

6. cz22, the print does look like that, just in blue! There may be hope after all :smile:

What year did you search to find that one? I love the Wayback Machine :smile:

Thank you everyone for your responses. You're really helping me work out how I plan to handle this situation. Only fellow Coachies would understand how serious this is :P

7. I don't recall exactly, but I just got to it through March 2004. I had to click on collections and then Chelsea collection.

8. The one I found was August 2004. (Just found it.)