question about "deflating" leather

dhfwu

May 17, 2014
I'm working towards a particular promotion, and I'm researching options for a HG handbag to splurge on when the time comes. :smile: Chanel bags look quite nice when the leather is still "puffy", but on reseller sites, the leather on certain vintage bags seems to have flattened out. Does the flattening happen to all types of leather? My gut is that lambskin is more susceptible than caviar, but that's just a guess.

I'd like to carry the HG handbag with pride for years to come, so the long-term wear is a big consideration. Thanks in advance for your help - I really appreciate it!

Yes some vintage bags were actually made with the flat leather like some of the half flaps. Some of the bags that were puffy do get flatter after a while too, I don't think there's really much that you can do for that, it's just age

I think that Chanel is also stuffing the quilts more now than they did in the past. It almost seems like some of these new flaps have quilting that looks like it's on steroids, it's so puffy. :P