Question About Damier Azur Speedy

I've almost decided to get it. I live the DA and have been coveting it for a long time. I've owned the DE Speedy but the handle issues bothered me. I currently own a mono neverfull and since I don't have the $$$ to buy as many LVs as I would like to, I want the DA. My concern is less about the handles than it is about which months to use it in. For example if I buy it this week could I start using it now or wait until March/April or doesn't it matter?!!?

For me, it is a sunny, summer months only bag. I live in a super rainy place, and I dont carry vachetta in the rain. If you live in a drier climate, I dont see why you shouldnt carry it starting now.

I've almost decided to get it. I live the DA and have been coveting it for a long time. I've owned the DE Speedy but the handle issues bothered me. I currently own a mono neverfull and since I don't have the $$$ to buy as many LVs as I would like to, I want the DA. My concern is less about the handles than it is about which months to use it in. For example if I buy it this week could I start using it now or wait until March/April or doesn't it matter?!!?

Uh oh! I just bought a DE speedy - what do you mean by handle "issues"??? 😟

I read through some here that said that the some people have had some issues with the DE handles peeling. The best thing to do would be to do a search and you can hear what they have to say. I've found the info here very helpful.

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting this bag because I love the DA pattern. I'd be getting the Speedy 30. Since I live in New England and this is a light colored bag, I'm hoping to get some opinions on when you think I could use this bag. 900+ is a lot to spend on a bag if I can only wear it a couple of months out of the year.

Thanks!

I live in CT and I use my DA bags usually April-October!! I'm counting down the days to break them out! Lol. It's kinda like getting a new bag since I haven't used them all winter. But I've seen them used in the winter time and snow around here. Just depends on how you feel.

I live in CT and I use my DA bags usually April-October!! I'm counting down the days to break them out! Lol. It's kinda like getting a new bag since I haven't used them all winter. But I've seen them used in the winter time and snow around here. Just depends on how you feel.

Thanks purse addict. I live right next door in mass! I have loved the DA for a long time. I just need to get it already. It's a bag; not world peace!!! I love when my bags look "lived in" and loved. It's time to get it!!!

So I've been really on the fence about purchasing the Speedy 30 in DA as well! Glad you actually started this thread.

I agree with what others have said -- It is mostly a spring/summer bag, but can be done with winter whites. I actually have been having an internal battle trying to figure out what to purchase so I stopped into LV on my way to my doctor's appointment today >.< (TRUE ADDICT!).

Anyways, I tried on both the regular speedy 30 and the speedy 25 bandouliere. The sales associate made a great point, this is probably one of the better bags to buy in Damier Azur because of the little amount of vachetta that is on it -- reason I am no longer considering the bandouliere version. Color transfer can be an issue but for most people it is a non-issue. It's perfect for casual wear which is exactly what I am going for!

I think i'm 85% leaning towards the regular speedy 30 right now and will purchase it when I return on Wednesday. It's just seriously GORGEOUS in person. The cream is really a sweet color and perfect for the pastels that are in this season. For the Fall/ Winter I would most likely pair it with neutral browns, earth tones, and creams.

I ordered a Speedy 30 Azur and it should arrive this week. I think it will go great with my bandeaus. It is a color I told myself I would never get due to color transferring etc... The color is so fresh and feminine that I had to get her. I have been looking at photos of woman online and the Azur color looks awesome in the winter with black clothing, tights, boots or a long ivory coat. It truly pops with dark colors, love that look to my surprise I think it can be worn in the winter months. It has that ivory tint to it not a true crisp white.

Summer is short lived in Toronto. Azur 30 speedy was my first bag. I would say go for it. It's easy to pair it with off whites... I wear it with my Burberry beige trench in fall n camel color coat in winters. Good luck deciding.

Hi,
I'm thinking of getting this bag because I love the DA pattern. I'd be getting the Speedy 30. Since I live in New England and this is a light colored bag, I'm hoping to get some opinions on when you think I could use this bag. 900+ is a lot to spend on a bag if I can only wear it a couple of months out of the year.
Thanks!

New englander here. I can see we support the same teams :smile:

I use mine mostly in the summer but I have a couple white jackets for the winter and sometimes will use it with those. It's definitely my least used bag but I think that's more about fear of color transfer and dirt than anything else.

With that said, I think everyone should own an azur piece and my vote goes to the speedy. :smile:

Last edited:

Personally, paying that much for a bag, I wouldn't even worry about what season to wear what bag. I'm considering getting my first DA as well and I plan to use it whenever the heck I want! lol :smile: I think it would look beautiful with red during the winter months (but then again so does mono and DE and basically every LV....)

I have this bag and have worn it in the winter but mostly in summer. When I wear it in the winter I wear a black and white stripes shirt, ivory top, white sweater, khaki trench, you just have to keep outfit very neutral. Avoid too much black bc the leather handle will clash with black leather shoes IMO. But it's def worth getting! &#128527;