Question About Damier Azur Speedy

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,
    I'm thinking of getting this bag because I love the DA pattern. I'd be getting the Speedy 30. Since I live in New England and this is a light colored bag, I'm hoping to get some opinions on when you think I could use this bag. 900+ is a lot to spend on a bag if I can only wear it a couple of months out of the year.
    Thanks!

2. Well this bag is great for spring and summer as well as when done in a "winter whites" way. You'd have to have a light colored winter coat to make this look work though.

If you LVoe it, I say listen to your heart!
    Good luck!!

3. The Azur speedy is pretty for summer months. You just have to be very careful with dark denim. It will transfer. I have seen some women wear there Azur bags in winter and it does look nice. So you can do this also. gl :smile:

4. I was in a similar thought process as you...live in Northern state, can only use it a few months a year in theory so I bought a great preloved one off Fashionphile! Couldn't have been happier!! Got a matching clés there too!!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

5. I love the azur, I don't have that problem as it hasn't rained here since december
    but I would get that bag, it doesn't have much vachetta leather other than the handles and that can
    be protected in couple of ways

6. #6 Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    I am considering a bag in Azur as well. Re: the handle protection, I have used Apple Guard to protect the vachetta on one of my bags. Would love to know what other ways the vachetta can be protected? If there is another Thread for the info, please let me know. TIA

7. I'm so glad you posted this! I live in NE too and am currently debating the same bag! I love the DA print, but I'm also not sure if I'd be ok with just using it for a few months out of the year. The SA's have told me that people wear it in winter, and I have seen it done in NE, but idk if I can pull that off haha.

I'm leaning towards getting it before the price increase and carrying a plastic bag inside it just in case it rains. Plus, there isn't that much vechetta leather (compared to a NF) so I'm thinking it should be okay. Let me know what you end up doing! :smile:

8. I love my Speedy DA 30...sadly I only use it during the summer months, and in the PNW, thats July and August...but I still love it and look forward to the warm sunny months this summer.

9. I think the azur is perfect for any season, winter whites or not (seriously, it looks stunning against a dark coat). But you do have to worry about color transfer and water stains.

10. Not to high jack this post but this is what I keep folded in my bag for unexpected rainy days! I think I paid maybe $20-30 at the coach outlet. (Not my actual item, I googled it)

Attached Files:

11. Pretty!
    Is it waterproof?

12. It's water resistant. Great to put your LV bag in and run to the car.

13. Thanks! I hope they still have it at the outlet, I'll try to swing by this weekend.

14. I wear mine all year long I just don't take her out when it is raining.

15. I've almost decided to get it. I live the DA and have been coveting it for a long time. I've owned the DE Speedy but the handle issues bothered me. I currently own a mono neverfull and since I don't have the $$$ to buy as many LVs as I would like to, I want the DA. My concern is less about the handles than it is about which months to use it in. For example if I buy it this week could I start using it now or wait until March/April or doesn't it matter?!!?