Question about current guidelines for posting

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Content that was not permitted before, by rules or by custom, is seemingly now permitted.
Political threads with explicit opinion, authentication requests in off-topic threads not being moved or answered, requests for travel buddies in the PS forums, casual mentions of buying fakes, pics of blatant fakes being posted... often left unmoderated. Despite reporting. Laissez faire in effect, or short handed, or combination?

Guidelines seem not current, or not enforced. I imagine others notice this as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelian
All reports are reviewed, so they're actually not "unmoderated".
Sometimes action is needed, sometimes not. We all do have lives outside of tPF so sometimes reports aren't reviewed immediately, other times it's nearly instantaneous!

All reports are reviewed, so they're actually not "unmoderated".
Sometimes action is needed, sometimes not. !

How does this explain threads that still show posts by non authenticators authenticating, or reported posts with fakes still up, or travel buddy asks, for example? Do you not think that’s the case? Members who see stuff like this can’t tell why... when it used to be intervened with.
That is my point.

Last edited:
How does this explain threads that still show posts by non authenticators authenticating, or reported posts with fakes still up, or travel buddy asks, for example? Do you not think that’s the case? Members who see stuff like this can’t tell why... when it used to be intervened with.
That is my point.
Thanks, we don't want pics of fake bags posted outside the dedicated threads (AT, hall-of-shame threads etc) and reports on this are very much appreciated. It can take some time to decide on eventual action though, verify with an authenticator etc.

Vlad doesn’t care about travel buddy threads :shrugs:
Some things are decided no action is needed because those forum mods don’t necessarily agree with the reported post(s).
I don’t know of any political posts ignored or people not approved to authenticate authenticating in AT threads ignored. I don’t see any reported posts about those outstanding.

There’s a team of mods/admins that review the posts, they won’t all need action, some are handled swiftly and some need a little time.
No need to report it more than once because you see no action, we see the reports... just report it and allow the team to handle it the was the owners prefer.

AT Threads
Anyone with over 500 posts and history in the same forum is welcome to try their hand (at least in the Gucci forum). Paid for authentication is the only recourse for most if trying to prove something legally one way or the other.

Fake bags posted
Please report.

People promoting businesses or services in posts
Please report

Politics, religion and other 'don't go there' subjects
There's politics, there's religion but then there are outfits to go to church or cultural issues. Report if you feel they have crossed the line.

Wherever I find offending items I deal with it directly or report, that's all any of us, mods or members (mods are only members anyway) can do.

Reactions: V0N1B2