Question about colours on Multicolore Speedy/Pocket

I'm terrible at explaining describing so i will try my best :smile:

I own a white speedy which i purchased over 10 years ago from the Louis Vuitton store,. I always thought the colours were supposed to match up, even on the pocket. My speedy lines up fine but the one on the website the colours on the pocket are black and green so shouldn't the ones on the side be pink instead of the light green as if the leather would look if it was just a piece of leather. For example how it would look on the back of the bag, without the pocket?

I just took a random photo from eBay to explain on this black speedy. On the pocket the two colours are green and pink, so the one next to it should be white??? As it goes green, pink, white, green? Or am i being too OCD about this?

Please could someone tell me if this is normal, i want to buy a a black multicolore speedy, from the store of course but i want to know why my white speedy lines up petfectly but some don't!

http://uk.louisvuitton.com/eng-gb/products/speedy-30-lg-monogram-multicolor-000483

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 392

I own a white speedy which i purchased over 10 years ago from the Louis Vuitton store,. I always thought the colours were supposed to match up, even on the pocket. My speedy lines up fine but the one on the website the colours on the pocket are black and green so shouldn't the ones on the side be pink instead of the light green as if the leather would look if it was just a piece of leather. For example how it would look on the back of the bag, without the pocket?

I just took a random photo from eBay to explain on this black speedy. On the pocket the two colours are green and pink, so the one next to it should be white??? As it goes green, pink, white, green? Or am i being too OCD about this?

Please could someone tell me if this is normal, i want to buy a a black multicolore speedy, from the store of course but i want to know why my white speedy lines up petfectly but some don't!

http://uk.louisvuitton.com/eng-gb/products/speedy-30-lg-monogram-multicolor-000483

It would seem some do and some don't so if you want one that does line up then you will have to find one in store that does. As to why, probably only a question an LV craftsman can answer. So you're probably fretting too much about it if you're making a store purchase - just make sure the colour placement pleases you before they wrap the bag up for you as they will just grab one from the store room so you may not see it before wrapping unless you ask.

It would seem some do and some don't so if you want one that does line up then you will have to find one in store that does. As to why, probably only a question an LV craftsman can answer. So you're probably fretting too much about it if you're making a store purchase - just make sure the colour placement pleases you before they wrap the bag up for you as they will just grab one from the store room so you may not see it before wrapping unless you ask.

Yes i definitely tell them to bring out a few with the colours i like so i can choose because i'm so over the top. I used to feel a bit stupid asking them to find me one with more white, green and pink lol but now i don't because i'm spending a lot of money and it has to be perfect to me! :smile:

I have white mc speedy, one of those old ones that had red bleeding problem on the front pocket. Soooooo many years ago, mine started to bleed and the pocket turned almost yellow-ish, I showed it to my sa and she sent in for repair for me. But my speedy had lots of pink LV on it and front pocket had pink & purple LVs...she told me it might not come back with same color LVs and they had to use whatever they had available to fix the pocket.
But my sa was kind enough to add a note with my repair to keep the pink and purple LVs what I had originally and came back with same color LVs - the pocket vachetta was super pale when it came back though, but now the whole bag has even patina, since I never use the bag anymore. lol
So anyways, yes, the pocket's LVs don't go with the pattern and they are sawn separately. :smile:

Mine doesn't align perfectly and the colors are not in a certain sequence.