Question about Coach Patchwork

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm fairly new to Coach & have seen a ton of posts with patchwork bags. My question is does Coach come out with them yearly?

2. My first Coach bag was a patchwork around 2003-2004 , I haven't seen those in a while, but you never know

3. Thanks for the response. I seen a neutral color one I loved. Gonna have to check ebay.

4. There are a lot of fake Patchworks too. Always have them authenticated here at the Coach Shopping forum before you buy.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-763164.html

5. I have 3 patchwork bags but none are recent. I have the Holiday Patchwork Bleeker Duffle, a Patchwork Denim Carly and an MFF Ocelot Patchwork Gallery Tote. My sense is that they come out in the winter/holiday season, so I'd keep an eye out in the next couple months if you'd like something new.

6. I have a P/W Hampton tote (kind of a pre-Caroline shape, not as stiff/boxy) that I LOVE LOVE LOVE. I carry it in the winter, b/c it's tonal P/W and dark. Patent, suede, some tonal mini sig, reg & metallic leather...it's a very cool bag. I really love it. Scored it at the outlet when I first got into Coach. It was missing the hangtag and charm, but I was able to go to my nearest FP boutique and lo and behold, they had one to replace my missing one! I was all ready to pay for it too, but they just gave it to me (I guess b/c the bag had been deleted--why keep it? Although, the bag WAS still on the website at the time--so who knows?).

I know that Coach has released pw's in recent years, but I don't know if it's an EVERY year thing. I know that a lot of times they are in bright colors (noticeable C's, that kind of thing) and I know that's not everybody's style, especially here. It's definitely NMS, so I don't have anything other than tonal, which you can't even really tell has sig patches on it, unless you're right next to it.

Anyway, agree 100% w/ Hyacinth that there are LOADS of fakes, so be careful and have any that you are looking at authenticated in the ATC thread.

7. I have a beautiful dark brown Zoe Mosaic Patchwork bag...I haven't carried it yet but will as it gets a little colder. As Shellindc posted, mine has a tonal look too...a little patent, suede, mini sig, leather sig, lurex fabric. I'd wanted a patchwork bag for a long time and finding this in my ever favorite Zoe sealed the deal.

8. I have that bag too. I love it... and I never liked patchwork before. Never say never. :smile:

9. There are lots of fake patchwork bags out there. A client came into my office yesterday that had a really bad one. She saw me looking at it and wonder if she thinks I was admiring it or I knew it was a fake!

10. I agree. Authenticate any Coach Patchwork bag before buying. Lots and lots of fakes.

I love patchwork but a lot of people don't.

11. I'd forgotten about those - I love them!

Did you see the new python patchwork Annabelle flats???? So cute!

Whenever I use one of my PW bags, I can't stop touching the different leathers, it's like a whole smorgasbord of leathers and fabrics. I prefer the tone-on-tone patchworks but the Holiday Bleeker one is cool with the gold and the tattersall and burgundy velvet bits.