Question about Coach Legacy

Nancy in VA

Bal & Legacy Lover
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
I finally got my first Coach Legacy - a white Hippie for $200 at the Leesburg Coach outlet yesterday. Hooray! I love it! Will wear it every summer! I have two young kids so I need to be hands free!

Can I use Coach leather conditioner on the vintage Legacy leather? Can I use Apple Brite also?

I really appreciate any help - I would really like to shine that bag up with some leather conditioner

Thank you for letting me know. I guess the leather will condition itself with wear.

I am an "Old School" Coach girl and have all the old classic Coach bags from the 80's that were the unlined leather and I condtioned them all the time and they shone.

I believe Coach recommends that you don't use any conditioner on the vintage leather. One of the SAs on TPF said that it can leave a stain so if you have the white one, I'd avoid it.

Congrats on your great deal!

The Vintage leather is unsealed leather so you shouldn't use any conditioner or cleaner on them. Also if you have the white you need to be especially careful about color transfer becuase the leather is natural and will pick up dyes easily.

i had the white hippie and had enormous problems with it.. if i knew then what i know now, i would have kept it and treated it lik ea baby!!!

dark colors transfer on it very easily!! rub them off with a white eraser!! nothing else!! do not let water touch it.. u can apple garde it, it wont do anything, but dont clean it with anything not even spit!!