Question about Clemence (Gold) in the rain

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I know this is a silly question, but how delicate is Clemence, especially in a lighter color like gold? I have a black togo bag which has been virtually indestructible. (not that I tried to destroy her, of course!)

My new bag is Clemence, and gold, and well...I worry...when it rains...etc. How worried should I be? is clemence taurillon reasonably sturdy or not? what about gold vs. black?

Thank you!

2. Clemence is very sturdy, even in a lighter color like Gold.

I wouldn't want to be stuck in a downpour with it, but a few drops should wipe right off and shouldn't leave a mark. The first day I wore a new Clemence I got caught in a storm and soaked, but the bag was none the worse for wear - just try to wipe the excess water off as soon as you can and be glad your bag isn't box.;)

3. thank you! I cannot resist carrying it, but it keeps raining. I actually carried it with rain gear earlier this week...which was pretty silly looking. I'm glad to hear Clemence is tough. that's what I need. I'm not ready for box:smile:

4. Sorry to repeat this story, because I know I've told it before. Earlier this year I tripped during a torrential rainstorm and dropped my natural sable clemence Massai in a mud puddle. The color is way lighter than gold. Anyway, it was so covered in mud that I shoved it under the water faucet to wash it off. Between being drenched in mud and then soaked in water, I pretty much figured the next stop was the dumpster, but it cleaned up and dried out perfectly. There's absolutely no difference before and after.

I don't recommend anyone else take this drastic step as I've described it, but after I saw how clemence handled water, I was totally sold on this leather. I think you're pretty safe to take it out in a bit of rain, AH.

5. Clemence can withstand rain well. Like style101, after I bought my vert olive birkin I got caught in a storm and got wet (of course) :rolleyes: and the clemence leather held up beautifully. Very durable, and oh-so-soft and smooshy :love: