Question about Chanel refurbishing

lshcat

O.G.
Mar 31, 2010
Hi! I am confused about the Chanel total refurbishing service and hoping those who have done it before, can chime in... after looking online there are so many mixed reviews! :confused1:

I have a black caviar flap, with some gold color loss, loose stitching, color loss on interior flap lining. First, will my hologram sticker be removed? Wondering if I should peel it off and keep it while it's out for repair, lol! Secondly, will they automatically redye it and does caviar turn out better than apparently lambskin, once redyed? Any advice or experiences you can share, I would appreciate it! Thanks so much.

Hi! I am confused about the Chanel total refurbishing service and hoping those who have done it before, can chime in... after looking online there are so many mixed reviews! :confused1:

I have a black caviar flap, with some gold color loss, loose stitching, color loss on interior flap lining. First, will my hologram sticker be removed? Wondering if I should peel it off and keep it while it's out for repair, lol! Secondly, will they automatically redye it and does caviar turn out better than apparently lambskin, once redyed? Any advice or experiences you can share, I would appreciate it! Thanks so much.
well I can try and help a little as I have a bag that was re furbished and re dyed, first off you shouldn't loose the sticker UNLESS you have the lining replaced, second (and I am not sure Chanel will change the color of a bag) mine was done because it was a light color and the stain could not be removed and was very noticeable so we decided to take it to a leather place and they changed the color from Burgundy to black. One thing to keep in mind if you do have it re dyed that it will make the bag very stiff, now mine was lamb skin but I do know others that have changed there caviar and the problem with Caviar is it can peel more easy then lamb because it isn't smooth like lamb, so sometimes you can have area's of the bag there the dye will flake or doesn't hold as well as lamb. My Bag has patches where the dye wasn't totally absorbed so it looks like it has some flaws (which is fine for me because the bag is a unique bag for me) If you send it in to Chanel's spa and for work they can replace any of the hardware clean and re stitch the bag for you, once again I am not sure they can dye it (I was told from my SA that Chanel will never change there bag, I asked because on of my straps is too long and I needed it shortened) So if I where you I would take it to a Boutique and ask what they can do to make the bag better and what fixes they can make.

I hope this helps and good luck to you

well I can try and help a little as I have a bag that was re furbished and re dyed, first off you shouldn't loose the sticker UNLESS you have the lining replaced, second (and I am not sure Chanel will change the color of a bag) mine was done because it was a light color and the stain could not be removed and was very noticeable so we decided to take it to a leather place and they changed the color from Burgundy to black. One thing to keep in mind if you do have it re dyed that it will make the bag very stiff, now mine was lamb skin but I do know others that have changed there caviar and the problem with Caviar is it can peel more easy then lamb because it isn't smooth like lamb, so sometimes you can have area's of the bag there the dye will flake or doesn't hold as well as lamb. My Bag has patches where the dye wasn't totally absorbed so it looks like it has some flaws (which is fine for me because the bag is a unique bag for me) If you send it in to Chanel's spa and for work they can replace any of the hardware clean and re stitch the bag for you, once again I am not sure they can dye it (I was told from my SA that Chanel will never change there bag, I asked because on of my straps is too long and I needed it shortened) So if I where you I would take it to a Boutique and ask what they can do to make the bag better and what fixes they can make.

I hope this helps and good luck to you

Thank you so much for your feedback! I guess I can include a note about the color loss and if they redye it, to maybe not do the bottom/inside. The top portion where the flap is, has lots of color loss so I didn't know if that would be a total interior redye or if they can just touch it up. It's not near the sticker though. Unfortunately there is no boutique in my state so I can't bring it in personally anywhere before sending in for repairs. And my SA out of Chicago is a bit "short-worded" and cold via email so she wasn't much help (time to get a new SA huh, lol!!) but at least she always responds quickly. :smile:

Thank you so much for your feedback! I guess I can include a note about the color loss and if they redye it, to maybe not do the bottom/inside. The top portion where the flap is, has lots of color loss so I didn't know if that would be a total interior redye or if they can just touch it up. It's not near the sticker though. Unfortunately there is no boutique in my state so I can't bring it in personally anywhere before sending in for repairs. And my SA out of Chicago is a bit "short-worded" and cold via email so she wasn't much help (time to get a new SA huh, lol!!) but at least she always responds quickly. :smile:

I to am In the Chicago area, If you are dealing with the Boutique ask for Michelle she will be able to tell you what can and can't be done with the bag, also make sure you tell them not to touch the sticker, I think they will put something over the bottom to keep the sticker intack. Good luck to you, Like I said I had to take mine to a leather store for the redye since Chanel wouldn't do it but that too has draw backs because I changed the color I can no longer send it to chanel for any service so if I need anything done I have to contact a friend who keep spare parts.

I to am In the Chicago area, If you are dealing with the Boutique ask for Michelle she will be able to tell you what can and can't be done with the bag, also make sure you tell them not to touch the sticker, I think they will put something over the bottom to keep the sticker intack. Good luck to you, Like I said I had to take mine to a leather store for the redye since Chanel wouldn't do it but that too has draw backs because I changed the color I can no longer send it to chanel for any service so if I need anything done I have to contact a friend who keep spare parts.

Thank you very much! :biggrin: