Question about Celine calfskin bags and scratches/wear

Mar 31, 2009
I'm officially on the Celine bandwagon now. So far, I only have an Edge (my favorite bag in my collection), which is calfskin on the back and pebbled leather on the front. The all-calfskin styles, such as the Blade and Box, are absolutely gorgeous, but I'm worried about how they will look over time. I went to the NYC store over the weekend and the SA I spoke with said they are not intended to be babied--the idea is for them to get a distressed look over time. So, owners of Celine calfskin bags, what say you? How do your bags look after some wear? Do you baby them?

Thanks.

I'm officially on the Celine bandwagon now. So far, I only have an Edge (my favorite bag in my collection), which is calfskin on the back and pebbled leather on the front. The all-calfskin styles, such as the Blade and Box, are absolutely gorgeous, but I'm worried about how they will look over time. I went to the NYC store over the weekend and the SA I spoke with said they are not intended to be babied--the idea is for them to get a distressed look over time. So, owners of Celine calfskin bags, what say you? How do your bags look after some wear? Do you baby them?

Thanks.
I love the box bag so much. Like many said they get scratches VERY easy even you baby them. So I don't think I will own one.