Question about Cartier Diamants Légers necklace

Sabrina1304

Dec 1, 2015
Hello,

I have a question about the Cartier Diamants Légers Xs necklace: I got the Diamonds by the Yard necklace from Tiffany. During the day, this necklace slides up so far that it sits directly on the neck. Is that also the case with the Cartier necklace? I think it doesn't look so nice. regards

I think ,the necklace riding high up on your neck depends on how different each person's neck is and the weight of the person .I have two of dbty of Tiffany's but I hardly wear them ,reason being the diamond pokes and also the necklace is not that nice and sparkly like the cartier's Leger's .I have it in Pg in X's since June and have never taken it out ,Love the sparkle of the chain and diamond .So for me cartiers ticks all the boxes and I love it

I think ,the necklace riding high up on your neck depends on how different each person's neck is and the weight of the person .I have two of dbty of Tiffany's but I hardly wear them ,reason being the diamond pokes and also the necklace is not that nice and sparkly like the cartier's Leger's .I have it in Pg in X's since June and have never taken it out ,Love the sparkle of the chain and diamond .So for me cartiers ticks all the boxes and I love it
Hi, Can you show what the necklace looks like? I'm planning on adding it to my collection.

I have a .25ct Tiffany YG DBTY and a SM PG Diamants Legers pendant and I much prefer the Cartier WAY more. The DBTY shifts all over so I constantly need to shift it to back into place and the diamond pokes me too much. The Diamants Legers pendant occasionally shifts to the side but not often. The chain is more substantial which I think also prevents the pendant from moving around too much (I also love the charm at to end too) and is so much prettier so I much prefer wearing it even though my diamond is bigger on the DBTY (.09 vs .25). If I could do it over again, I would have just bought the Diamants in both YG & PG.

I never take off my small Diamantes necklace and I love that it has a jump ring so I can wear it shorter in the hollow of my neck or longer. Such a versatile piece and wonderful for layering

I have a .25ct Tiffany YG DBTY and a SM PG Diamants Legers pendant and I much prefer the Cartier WAY more. The DBTY shifts all over so I constantly need to shift it to back into place and the diamond pokes me too much. The Diamants Legers pendant occasionally shifts to the side but not often. The chain is more substantial which I think also prevents the pendant from moving around too much (I also love the charm at to end too) and is so much prettier so I much prefer wearing it even though my diamond is bigger on the DBTY (.09 vs .25). If I could do it over again, I would have just bought the Diamants in both YG & PG.
Do you think the Cartier in large size is too large compared with your SM size?

Reactions: hello babar
hey all, new member here :smile: I was planning to buy myself a graduation gift but I am unsure about the options. I have approx. 2000$ budget (but if there is something I LOVE I can wait and save a bit more to get it). Now should I rather get
Cartier diamant legere in small size (0.09ct) + love wedding ring or
Cartier diamant legere in large (0.17ct), but no ring oder anything else or
Cartier diamant legere in small size + diamant legere bracelet in small (or maybe even extra small).

Basically I am not sure if I should get the dldc in large or just go with the small. Of course the bigger the diamond the better, but is it worth the extra $1000? Is there a significant difference? I cant go in the store to check due to lockdown so I was hoping to get some tips :smile: Has anyone compared them both?

About myself: I dont have any luxury jewelery items yet. I want to start my collection and only want to go with pieces that I would wear for a very long time (kinda like a "capsule" jewelry collection).

I would suggest the first choice just because although I love Cartier's DL line, I think if you want a reasonable size diamond you should purchase from a regular jewelry store cause you will get a bigger size for your money. The large size DL is definitely not worth it in my eyes.

I have the smallest legers necklace. My original plan was to layer it because recently i bought many necklaces and want to try to wear two at the same time. But in the end i just wear it on its own. Its quite small but its really shiny. If you like to stack/layer jewelry, the small or smallest will be perfect.
I also got cartier to extend the chain for free so its really comfortable around my neck and the Cartier logo is still hanging on my back

I would suggest the first choice just because although I love Cartier's DL line, I think if you want a reasonable size diamond you should purchase from a regular jewelry store cause you will get a bigger size for your money. The large size DL is definitely not worth it in my eyes.
Hey asdfghjkl12345, thanks a lot for your answer! Thats also my concern, even the largest DL is still small. I was also considering getting the C de cartier instead (but then this wont be a graduation gift... and I would have to save a bit more after graduation and getting a job). I think a solitaire diamond is really classic and timeless, something I would wear for a long time. So I am a bit unsure IF I should get the dldc or save longer for a C de cartier. I dont want to have the urge to „upgrade“. But on the other hand, the necklace IS really beautiful. even with a smaller diamond. And this might be something I could wear during work (office) without being too „chunky“. What would you do in my place? Or could anyone else help me with my dilemma? thanks in advance! sorry for bad english

I have the smallest legers necklace. My original plan was to layer it because recently i bought many necklaces and want to try to wear two at the same time. But in the end i just wear it on its own. Its quite small but its really shiny. If you like to stack/layer jewelry, the small or smallest will be perfect.
I also got cartier to extend the chain for free so its really comfortable around my neck and the Cartier logo is still hanging on my back

Hey Alienza, thanks for your reply! This realy helps! I do plan to get other necklaces (vca MOP alhambra already on my wishlist) and I think layering them would look nice. But I definitely want something that can be layered AND wear on its own. I have read about the issue of the logo finding its way in the front as well. Did you have this problem as well? Did the extension help the logo staying on the back? And with the extension, can you still wear the necklace ond the original sizes? (I have a rather slim neck (?) and dont want the necklace to be „too lose“ after extension)

Hey Alienza, thanks for your reply! This realy helps! I do plan to get other necklaces (vca MOP alhambra already on my wishlist) and I think layering them would look nice. But I definitely want something that can be layered AND wear on its own. I have read about the issue of the logo finding its way in the front as well. Did you have this problem as well? Did the extension help the logo staying on the back? And with the extension, can you still wear the necklace ond the original sizes? (I have a rather slim neck (?) and dont want the necklace to be „too lose“ after extension)

If you have a slim neck I dont think you need extension. The original length was not tight for me actually but after extending it, it feels more comfortable. I find with my necklace the logo does not move to the front unless i move a lot (gym, cleaning house) Or if I use a sling bag (i know ,its weird). If I remember correctly you can choose where you want to put the extension. You can talk to Cartier about it. You can also tell them how long you want the extension to be. I think the longest they can add is 4cm. I think the extension on my necklace is before the first hook so I cant wear my necklace on the original length anymore. Sorry i cant be too sure. I had it done a while ago

Reactions: JLT1