Question about carrying a Sabrina

CoffeeAddict

May 15, 2007
I am in love with the gray and green Sabrina. I covet her and want to head down to Dillards right now and snatch her up.

But, I have one little problem that may seem like it's entirely stupid but I figured I'd ask here anyway.

What the heck do you do with your hand when you have the bag on the crook of your arm? (which personally I think would look the best in terms of how to carry it)

I can imagine myself carrying her while holding a cup of coffee in the same hand and that seems perfectly fine and reasonable, but the moment I mentally subtract that cup of coffee I'm left with a hand that is just flapping in the breeze, doing nothing of importance and for some odd reason that bothers me.

I can't possibly be the only one that's thought this....can I?

Last edited:
I've wondered the same thing! I've only ever carried shoulder bags, but I love the Sabrina, and I'll be getting one soon. Because I've been planning to get one, I've been practicing (don't laugh!!) with my current bag and my tote - I only feel natural if I have something like my keys in my hand. Otherwise I feel like I'm trying to be fancier than I am :biggrin: But maybe when I get a Sabrina, I'll feel fancy and having nothing in my hand will be natural!

It honestlt doesn't bug me. If i get tired of carrying her in the crook of my arm I just carry her in my hand. When I have it in the crook I just have my hand in a loose fist (if that makes sense)

I carry my Sabrina either in my hand or in the crook of my arm but I usually have my cell phone in my hand so I guess this may answer your question.

Yeah, I am the same way. I guess that is why I stick to shoulder bags only. I don't know what to do with my hand. Plus I have a 2 yr old that always needs help so with a bag on my arm I become limited to what I can do.:shrugs:

I never thought about this until this thread! I normally have coffee or my phone in my hand, and when I don't, my arm is also pointing upwards in a loose fist.

I never thought about trying to look fancy schmancy, it's just really natural for me that way!

This is timely because I was taking a "modeling shot" for another forum with a bag I was carrying on the crook of my arm. I thought I looked funny because of the "loose fist" made me look a little angry :smile:

The grey/green op art bag is gorgeous and that green lining is stunning. I too love carrying her in the crook of my arm and I joke to my husband that "I have become my mother" as she always carried her bags that way. I personally don't like anything on the shoulder, so the crook of the arm is just fine (I also do a loose fist). :smile:

Thanks guys! Good to know I'm not the only one who's wondered about this.

I'm going to go again tomorrow and see if I still have to have it. I tend to be really weird about silly things like this and it might bother me enough that I won't carry the bag at all unless I know my hand will be occupied and in that case it would be wasted money. The loose fist just isn't me, it feels awkward for some reason.

I'm going to have to try it out for a bit and see how it feels then decide. I wish they made a slouchy, hobo type shoulder bag with this color and style. I'd scoop that up in a second!

I think it's because the shoulder strap distorts the outline of the bag so much that it doesn't even look like the same style. I'm not fond of how it looks as a shoulder bag at all, I like the outline of it as a satchel and if it kept that even a little when you used the shoulder strap I think it would feel less awkward.