Question about carrying a Leigh?

miak

Jul 25, 2007
I'd like to try and purchase a Leigh bag. I love the look and I know it is a heavy bag to carry. I am wondering about how difficult it is to get in and out of the bag since the chain attaches to the top of the bag. Can you hold the bag by the strap and open the turnlock or will the bag roll open too much and you could lose contents in the bag? I'm not sure if my question is clear - but the bag seems like it might be a little awkward. Thanks so much!

NITE_FOXX

Feb 14, 2010
BEAUTIFUL SOUTH
ive owned several in the past i loved the bag, i do not think it is very hard to get in and out of. the bag really is not that heavy at all either.

New2Coach

O.G.
Jul 26, 2007
Texas
I understand what you are saying. If you hold the bag by its strap and then open the flap it does roll a bit. But it does not roll enough for your stuff to fall out. I can open the bag while its on my shoulder to get things out. Albeit a little more difficult than some of my other bags, but it can be done. And I love love love my Leigh!

vtfroggie

>.<
O.G.
May 14, 2008
The land of Mary
If you hold the bag by its strap and then open the flap it does roll a bit. But it does not roll enough for your stuff to fall out. I can open the bag while its on my shoulder to get things out.
I agree 100% w. New2Coach. Though Coach could have placed the strap on the side for easier access into the bag, it's still possible to get into and out of the bag (while on the shoulder) without everything falling out.

lkooyman1

Let's see the shoes!
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
If you get the original legacy all leather it is quite heavy. Access is not difficult at all! And it fits perfectly under the arm! Check ebay or Bonazle there are usually a few listed. Good Luck!

Kimmi

Aug 6, 2006
I have the black leather Leigh and it's surprisingly comfortable (I do have some heavy bags though so maybe that's why I don't see the Leigh as too heavy?). It holds alot and is fairly easy to open and get things even when it's on my shoulder.