Question about Carmen

Jul 16, 2006
I think I'm quite ready for my first small H item (can't really splurge on a bag yet) and I think it will be a carmen keyring, either in orange or raisin. I saw a lime green one on ebay that has 'l'air de Paris' embossed on the top, which the ones on the Hermes website don't have. Do Carmen keyrings come with or without those words? I quite like it, l'air de Paris :yes:

here's a link to the e-bay listing http://cgi.ebay.com/HERMES-Leather-...ryZ45237QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

^I really love the text, but I'm after a different colour (although green is my favourite colour). To bad the regular Carmen comes without the words. It must have been a special promotion then. Hope you win that auction LV-Nowwhat!

Let me suggest that if you're going to be carrying the Carmen on a daily basis that you get a darker color. The lighter colors show wear quicker, and skin oils can darken it a bit. I have one in Lagon, and I wish I'd gotten the Violette instead.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ammietwist. Would you suggest the orange or the raisin? I love both very much, but wear & tear on other designers' bags and accessories is a major reason for me to move towards H.

The orange is gorgeous, but I really do believe the raisin will hold up much, much better. They're lambskin after all, and while it's a fairly durable leather, it will also absorb anything that's on your hands, and the top edge will rub against darker things and possibly pick up some color.

IMO, darker is best when it comes to the Carmen.

Happy shopping!

Thanks for the suggestion, Ammietwist. Would you suggest the orange or the raisin? I love both very much, but wear & tear on other designers' bags and accessories is a major reason for me to move towards H.

good advice, ammietwist! I have one in rose shocking, but until now I haven't used it. Anyone who can post some action pics with their carmen, please give me inspiration!

graciella: I like bright colored carmens, but after what ammietwist said, maybe it's more practical to get the raisin rather than the orange one?