question about caring for my Bleecker duffle

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
    So I have a Bleecker medium duffle in british tan. It has several marks- not really scratches but scuff like marks that I know can be characteristic of the leather. How do I care for this? I checked the Coach site and there isn't a definitve answer... do I use mosturizer? Should I get some of this apple stuff u ladies use? Or since this is characteristic of the leather, let it be?

Oh and I do have some of the coach mosturizer (which I know some of you do not like) but I have had that bottle for quite some time I think... does it go bad?

ETA: this is what I found on the coach site after careful reading:
    The following leathers can be wiped clean with a dry cloth. To maintain suppleness and a clear complexion of the leather, use a wax based polish, mink oil or bees wax. If applying shoe cream, apply to leather using circular strokes:
    Calfskin
    Nappa
    Babycalf
    Waxy Leather
    Natural Grain
    Spazzalato
    High Polish Calf
    (*use small amounts of Meltonian Wax, if necessary)
    Burnished pull-up Calf
    Metallic Leather/Calf
    (*To add luster, lightly apply shoe cream with a soft cloth and gently brush leather surface. Excessive rubbing or polishing will damage metallic surface. Metallic leathers are volatile to scuffs and abrasion during wear.)
    Buffalo and Vachetta
    (*Any application of cream or polish will change leather color. These leathers are naturally tanned so the color may darken from daily wear and exposure)
    Printed Python
    Wool/Grosgrain Ribbon

So is what I highlighted purple the kind of leather on the Bleecker duffle? And if so where do I find a wax based polish? Any recs?

2. bumping...

3. I just use Apple. I was amazed...I applied it to all of my Bleeckers and they are so beautiful! Also, I can rub scratches out with my fingertips. I have gotten caught out in the rain (with my Bleecker Duffles) and they dry as good as new (even after getting soaked through). I cannot praise the Apple products enough!:yes:

4. cool thanks... I think I'm gonna look into ordering some apple (since so many coachies r raving about it and the fact that like all of my things are leather).

Thanks again!

5. #5 Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
    I ordered the Apple conditioner after learning about it here at tPF. It's great! My only leather bag *so far* is the Bleecker Medium Duffel and I conditioned her before carrying and it made the leather so supple and shimmery. (It's black.) The other day I noticed a couple of scuffs and when I got home I just buffed them right off with the polishing cloth. :tup:

6. The Apple is the best. leatherstuff.com is having a sale and if you use the promo code "summer sale" you get 20% off all apple leather care products til Aug. 15th.....and they have some really nice bags too!

7. Thanks for that!!! I needed to order some. :smile:

8. I have the Bleeker leather duffle in rose and i use the moisturizer and it works AMAZING! and yes it does go bad. if it smells funky and has a yellow tinge to it.. throw it out cause it can actually harm the leather.

9. thanks phyllis and coachie! good tips!