Question about CA/SAs and purchases

I think you have to look at your whole situation to make the decision. If it's cheaper to buy it on vacation (due to taxes/exchange rates) then it makes the most sense to do that. If price is essentially the same, it might make sense to buy at home so then if there is a problem it's easier to take back to the source you bought it from. Not that you can't take it back or have it repaired if you bought elsewhere, but it might be more of a hassle. I think you have to look at your past history, if you haven't really had to return things or have repairs it's likely not as big a concern, but if you have had bad luck then you might feel more comfortable buying from a location you can easily return to.

Reactions: phaedrana
I’m a newby to amazing LV luxury handbags. Love them. Please explain CA and SA differences.
I thinl CA is client agent from online while SA is sales agent from the physical boutique store .. But thats was only my observation and experience .. So I could be wrong since Im also a newbie on buying non pre-loved ones
Client Advisor is just a fancy term that LV gives their Sales Associates. It’s the same thing.

Reactions: ProShopper1
I apologize if there is already a thread dedicated to this topic, and hope a moderator will merge. (I know the topic of SAs generally is frequently discussed, but I feel like it's typically done so in a thread about pre-orders.)

I live a couple hours away from what is probably a medium-sized U.S. store. I have an SA I like to work with there. I have also visited South Coast Plaza, and worked with an SA there. Obviously SCP as a flagship is a different ball game, and they have product and info that my store simply doesn't have access to sometimes.

In any case, I was trying to put in an order on a slightly harder-to-find item that shows out-of-stock online right now, and the SCP SA was starting the transaction when she unfortunately had to send me this:

tPF screen shot.jpg

So this is a new rule? I can no longer even work with an SA in a different state and have to work with CS if I am not working with my local, in-state SA? Or -- and I guess this is why I asking the wonderful tPF brain trust -- is this a policy specific to South Coast Plaza, since it is a flagship and therefore always extremely busy?

Thanks so much for any insights you have.

I apologize if there is already a thread dedicated to this topic, and hope a moderator will merge. (I know the topic of SAs generally is frequently discussed, but I feel like it's typically done so in a thread about pre-orders.)

I live a couple hours away from what is probably a medium-sized U.S. store. I have an SA I like to work with there. I have also visited South Coast Plaza, and worked with an SA there. Obviously SCP as a flagship is a different ball game, and they have product and info that my store simply doesn't have access to sometimes.

In any case, I was trying to put in an order on a slightly harder-to-find item that shows out-of-stock online right now, and the SCP SA was starting the transaction when she unfortunately had to send me this:

View attachment 5291568

So this is a new rule? I can no longer even work with an SA in a different state and have to work with CS if I am not working with my local, in-state SA? Or -- and I guess this is why I asking the wonderful tPF brain trust -- is this a policy specific to South Coast Plaza, since it is a flagship and therefore always extremely busy?

My primary SA (the one I have on speed-dial :P) is out of my home state and in NYC. Sounds bizarre. I just ordered an item last week, received it, no issues. Did they give any reason? Please update if a new LV policy went into effect. Sometimes this happens right at the start of a new year.

Reactions: Purse Chakra

View attachment 5291568

My SA is in a different state, I hope this isn’t true! She hasn’t said anything to me of this…

I haven’t heard anything from mine either about this. Both of mine are out of state - one is the “local” boutique I shop in and the other is on the other side of the country but he’s one of my favs so I always go to him for the hard to find items. Be interesting to find out though.