question about BV scarves

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
I posted this in the authentication thread, but Baggiana had the wise idea to post here as well. Does anyone know when/whether BV made scarves that look like this? I am eyeing this one on ebay and the seller has two others, but would like to know more about it. any ideas? TIA

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350091908173&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=022
This isn't going to answer your question, but it concerns me that the auction start price is so low. I have one BV scarf, a beautiful printed velvet, that I received as a gift. It was way more expensive than $24.99. When you consider that an Hermes scarf is close to $400 now, I am wary.

Do you have any other BV scarves? I'll start a thread about them tomorrow or Friday. Maybe we can build up the knowledge base.

doloresmia

O.G.
May 20, 2008
In the sun
jburgh, thanks. we should have a thread in reference section, that is a great idea. i am really getting into scarves now that i am older and would love to see BV options. never noted any in stores.....

i checked with bv.luxury as well and he had not heard/seen of this style before. i am totally with you that the starting price is too low. i asked the seller more questions but have not gotten a response yet.

C_24

-Claus-
O.G.
May 26, 2007
Frankfurt
^It's definitely not a scarf from the Tomas-Maier-era, more likely from the 90's or even before that, so the statement that it is new without tags is very questionable!

doloresmia

O.G.
May 20, 2008
In the sun
the seller is now starting to be questionable too. i asked for more photos and details about the provenance. she said she couldn't take more photos because she is at work a lot and then i think didn't know what provenance meant. of course, i could be using that word incorrectly. i think i am going to pass. this could be great or it could be one of those cheap light weight silks.

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
Here you go... :graucho:

American Heritage Dictionary

n.
Place of origin; derivation.
The history of the ownership of an object, especially when documented or authenticated. Used of artworks, antiques, and books.
The records or documents authenticating such an object or the history of its ownership.