Question about buying preloved....

threecs

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
I'm thinking about purchasing a pre-loved LV and wanted to ask those of you who have purchase pre-loved before. Is it imparitive to have the authenticity tags, dustbag, box when purchasing preloved even though the item has been authenticated to be real?

I like to get a dust bag, but as long as I know the bag is authentic, then I don't mind if the bag comes with nothing. The consignment stores often have their own-branded dustbags.

Always use the Authenticate This thread! For me I'd prefer to have the dustbag, but as long as the bag is authenticated by the lovely authenticators i can buy some white pillowcases to put my bags in.

It is not important for me to get the tags, receipt and such. i just want the bag and her pajamas! I happen to have a couple of extra bags laying around, so I don't mind if I didn't get them, but the tags and what not aren't important!

I have always bought preloved, usually on eBay. I ALWAYS, WITHOUT FAIL, use Caroldiva.com to authenticate my eBay purchases, bags and wallets. I have never had her mistaken when she authenticates for me. I also have never gotten handtag, receipt or dust bag and that really doesn't matter to me, I want the item itself to be genuine. Like the other poster said, I can always buy a new pillowcase to put the item in.

I'm thinking about purchasing a pre-loved LV and wanted to ask those of you who have purchase pre-loved before. Is it imparitive to have the authenticity tags, dustbag, box when purchasing preloved even though the item has been authenticated to be real?

Not really, I end up throwing out the tags and box. If it doesn't come with a dustbag, a pillow case works just as well (try to get a flannel one).

And yes, definitely get it authenticated BEFORE you purchase.

Many of my bags are pre-loved and I don't feel it's necessary to have all the tags and receipts- I consider it a plus if they come with the bag. It's nice to get the dustbag though but that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if it wasn't included and the bag was in good condition.

I do tend to choose bags that come with everything but I don't pay a premium just because it has all that stuff--people can easily fake tags and receipts. Authenticity and condition of the bag itself are the most important factors for me!

i'm just going to repeat what everyone else has said: make sure you get your bag authenticated first. none of mine have ever come with the tags and that's ok. i do like it if they have the dust/sleeper bag but if not a flannel pillow case works just as well.

I agree with all of the above comments. Receipt is nice, but certainly not essential, same goes for dustbags. Be wary of 'tags'- none of the LV i bought new from LV itself have come with tags or barcodes... and unless you are very experienced, get it authenticated! If you think it seems very cheap, dont even consider it - its probably a fake!

I want to purchase a epi speedy pre loved so that I could devote my funds to a Fendi peekaboo but am afraid of being burned on ebay.....The horror stories about fakes has scared me. I will just have to save for epi speedy after my peekaboo.

i'm just going to repeat what everyone else has said: make sure you get your bag authenticated first. none of mine have ever come with the tags and that's ok. i do like it if they have the dust/sleeper bag but if not a flannel pillow case works just as well.

Hi sgj99,

I know most if the girls here are saying that the pillow cases works just fine as dustbag. Of course, tags/receipt/dustbag incl in the sale is the best! But somehow, I just can't imagine it. You mean the pillow cases? For real? With the zippers or not? Will someone be so kind to take a pic for reference?

Thank you all!

Last edited:
I prefer to get as much as I can with the bag, (box, shopping bag, and dustbag). But as long as I have the dustbag I'm ok. I actually don't care for the receipt as it doesn't mean anything and there's not much I can do with it.