Question about buying pre owned bag.

february16

Feb 15, 2011
Hi

I have some dilemmas. Would you consider to buy a pre-owned Chanel bag { 10 years old } at currently retail price? If a color is really hard to find and it is in great or excellent condition. At that price, should I buy a brand new bag in another color instead? As the matter of fact, I really like that color so much but cannot swallow that price. Thanks for your opinions. :lol:

Hi

I have some dilemmas. Would you consider to buy a pre-owned Chanel bag { 10 years old } at currently retail price? If a color is really hard to find and it is in great or excellent condition. At that price, should I buy a brand new bag in another color instead? As the matter of fact, I really like that color so much but cannot swallow that price. Thanks for your opinions. :lol:

No way! Buy a brand new one and let the nice color go. Whats the colour btw? And do you have a link or tell us what the bag is?

I'd try negotiating with the seller but I wouldn't pay today's price for a 10 year old purse. I wouldn't pay today's prices for a Chanel either. The only plus for an older purse is it was made better but even so it's a 10 year old purse.

Nope I will not pay current price for a 10 yr old bag nomatter how good the condition is or how rare the col is. I would rather get a new bag in a current collection at the same price.

I guess I'm the lone wolf because I would consider buying a 10 year old bag at or near current retail prices. Some bag lovers buy older bags and pay a premium for a colour or a leather they want. I don't see it as so strange.

OP, do whatever makes you comfortable.

i knew you were talking about either the pink or purple as soon as i opened the post lol. i would get the pink but wouldn't pay that much for them. i don't like the camel or the camera bag.

Wow! 4K for the 1st one! That's crazy! 2 of these exact same colored flaps sold on Ebay for less than $1,600 incl shipping two years ago. I regret not getting that color back then from Ebay :sad: I can't get over what they are selling these used bags for these days!
I guess it really all boils down to what it's worth to you. It better be in perfect like new condition for that price though.

I wouldn't. The fuschia is really pretty, but there is an dent from the chain on the outside flap and slight wearing on edges, plus its a medium. You should try to negotiate, other than that you can buy a new one.