Question about buying pre owned bag.

february16

Feb 15, 2011
Hi

I have some dilemmas. Would you consider to buy a pre-owned Chanel bag { 10 years old } at currently retail price? If a color is really hard to find and it is in great or excellent condition. At that price, should I buy a brand new bag in another color instead? As the matter of fact, I really like that color so much but cannot swallow that price. Thanks for your opinions. :lol:

chymera

Jan 16, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Hi

I have some dilemmas. Would you consider to buy a pre-owned Chanel bag { 10 years old } at currently retail price? If a color is really hard to find and it is in great or excellent condition. At that price, should I buy a brand new bag in another color instead? As the matter of fact, I really like that color so much but cannot swallow that price. Thanks for your opinions. :lol:
No way! Buy a brand new one and let the nice color go. Whats the colour btw? And do you have a link or tell us what the bag is?

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
I'd try negotiating with the seller but I wouldn't pay today's price for a 10 year old purse. I wouldn't pay today's prices for a Chanel either. The only plus for an older purse is it was made better but even so it's a 10 year old purse.

Bagamind

Climbing up the peak
Nov 10, 2010
A Sunny 'FINE' city
Nope I will not pay current price for a 10 yr old bag nomatter how good the condition is or how rare the col is. I would rather get a new bag in a current collection at the same price.

Jan 3, 2009
The True North
I guess I'm the lone wolf because I would consider buying a 10 year old bag at or near current retail prices. Some bag lovers buy older bags and pay a premium for a colour or a leather they want. I don't see it as so strange.

OP, do whatever makes you comfortable.

gymangel812

<3OOO~~~
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
Ohio
i knew you were talking about either the pink or purple as soon as i opened the post lol. i would get the pink but wouldn't pay that much for them. i don't like the camel or the camera bag.

luvchnl

O.G.
May 15, 2008
Wow! 4K for the 1st one! That's crazy! 2 of these exact same colored flaps sold on Ebay for less than $1,600 incl shipping two years ago. I regret not getting that color back then from Ebay :sad: I can't get over what they are selling these used bags for these days!
I guess it really all boils down to what it's worth to you. It better be in perfect like new condition for that price though.

lovieluvslux

That bag is fine!
O.G.
Oct 17, 2010
I wouldn't. The fuschia is really pretty, but there is an dent from the chain on the outside flap and slight wearing on edges, plus its a medium. You should try to negotiate, other than that you can buy a new one.