Question About Brides Rebelles Scarf - Colour

djmm

Jun 17, 2010
Just wondering whether anyone has seen this green Brides Rebelles in real life? I know sometimes the colour can look slightly different in real life.
If you have seen this in real life, is the green nice? Thanks in advance!

002558s06.jpg

I have this scarf in the very light green called "verte d'eau" (green water) which is a beautiful neutral. I also have this scarf in the orange and blue.

I considered this scarf because it has (3) distinct colors: green, brown and khaki with a cream/white in the border. The green is a cool green. It is not kelly green. It reminded me of a color you would see on the walls in a men's study or a boy's room. It reminded me also of a country club green. I tend to like scarfs that have (3) colors. This is a fabulous design. I love the fact there is piping. This scarf defineately had brown in it and the immediate reaction is that one would wear it with brown.

Hermes website still has Brides Rebelles available for you to consider different colors and consider the way this scarf ties.

I see. I've never seen the very light green one though. Or were you talking about this one? I was just wondering because sometimes colour can look a bit too strong in real life. But as you said, the brown colour of the bridles will hopefully tone down the green bit. I wouldn't consider this if the bridles were also in green.

I've looked at other colours but I prefer the bridles to be in dark colour.

Hello there. In my first reply, I was referring to a light green that I purchased from the Boston store. It is not the same as the scarf that you are considering. If I get a chance, I will take photos of the green that I bought but it probably does not matter given you are considering the dark green.

My comments of the (3) colors of green, brown and cream white refer to the scarf that you are considering. The design of this scarf is amazing. I considered this darker green because of the trim, the fact it has (3) colors and the piping. I love scarves that go edge to edge and that have contrasting piping. I do recommend that you see the scarf in person. This scarf looks to me that it would be a lovely match with a brown outfit. It would also look nice with black or navy but brown is the first impression.

Ah, never seen the light green you mentioned before. Must be interesting.
Yes I agree with you about the 3 main colours. From the website I can see very nice pink and blue ones too but to be honest I think the bridles in black or dark brown looks more impactful compared to the ones in one colour scheme.
Thanks for your input!

I own the scarf pictured above (because green is my favorite color and I buy pretty much any green scarf that H puts out :lol:).

It's a medium green with minty undertones--quite bright and almost neon-y. When I first saw it IRL I wasn't sure I'd keep it. But the bridles are brown and grey and they really "cut" the brightness of the background color. Looks beautiful tied IMO; very modern. Love it with a grey sweater and black pants.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip and the extra picture (I couldn't find the tied down picture for the life of me).
The green looks much tamer when it's tied down.

You're lucky your favourite colour is green because there are not that many green overall Hermes scarves in general (at least compared to other colour) or else your wallet would suffer, haha...

But this is a nice green scarf by the way:
http://usa.hermes.com/webapp/wcs/st...entCategoryId=127531&productId=63549&nbItem=0