Question about box Nepal... is it pink, grey or beige?

lindaw

Mar 5, 2018
Hi everyone, I have a question for those of your familiar with box Nepal. I'm contemplating a bag in this color as a summer-y bag as all my other bags are quite dark. I've been trying to get more of a sense of the tone of it by checking out pics online, however, it seems it looks a little different in about every other photo! Is it mostly light pink, lilac, grey or beige or sort of an in-between color? If you have seen it in RL or own a box Nepal bag, how do you like the color? I have no possibility to go check it out in person unfortunately. Would love your opinions!! Thanks and hope you're having a brilliant weekend!

I have two Constance bags in this leather, one Bleu Pale and one Mauve Pale. Be aware that the dye colors on this leather are very susceptible to fading. My Mauve Pale has faded to a Glycine looking color and the Bleu Pale has become more gray. Both are still pretty and I still wear them, but in the gussets of the bags you can see the original color. In a bag like a small Kelly the color fade will be more noticeable.

Oh wow, that is very good to know about the fading! I had no idea. I think it may still look good if and when it did fade but ahh, certainly something to take into account. I may look for a different lighter color instead, will have to think about this for a bit :smile:

Thank you so much for your thoughts @bababebi and everyone else who has weighed in so far!