Question about birkin handle!

D3183

May 6, 2013
I am looking at a preloved birkin - do these handles look normal or is the split in the center damage/wear? Would I have to get this repaired?

thank you for any help!

birkin handle.jpg

CrackBerryCream

The Edge of Glory
Oct 26, 2012
The split is wear and tear. Worn-off glazing. I have this on my 8 year old B40 that I used a lot in the first years with heavy loads. It can be repaired/reglazed at H Spa. I guess it would be better to have it done to reduce the risk of the wear and tear accelerating further. However, I don't think it is absolutely necessary as the stitching should be able to take a lot of usage before coming apart. You could also wrap twillies around the handles as an alternative.

Feb 9, 2007
The split is wear and tear. Worn-off glazing. I have this on my 8 year old B40 that I used a lot in the first years with heavy loads. It can be repaired/reglazed at H Spa. I guess it would be better to have it done to reduce the risk of the wear and tear accelerating further. However, I don't think it is absolutely necessary as the stitching should be able to take a lot of usage before coming apart. You could also wrap twillies around the handles as an alternative.
Great advice!