Question about Alma tags

Thandie

Jun 7, 2012
Hello

I have a question concerning tags that come with bags like the Alma.

Is it possible for 2 Alma's to have the same number on them?

For instance, if an Alma had a tag with the number M935682, would it be possible for another bag to have the same number?

A reseller has listed 2 Alma's over a 3 month period and it appears that both have the same date code ( which I know can happen) and apparently, same tag number. I called them and they assure me that they are different bags.

Is this possible or must it be the same bag?

It's possible that they have two bags that were made the same week and year. Odd, if it is the exact same bag, but possible.

Thanks Surreal!

Yes, the same date code may be a possibility, but I'm concerned about the paper tag that comes with the Alma.

It has a number that is also the same. What does the number M935682 on the paper tag represent? It is placed above a barcode.

Date code and product number are two different things. It may happen that two bags , e.g. Alma PM in monogram were produced in the same week, so they have the same datecode, and as they are identical bags, the same model, then they have the same product number.

Date code and product number are two different things. It may happen that two bags , e.g. Alma PM in monogram were produced in the same week, so they have the same datecode, and as they are identical bags, the same model, then they have the same product number.

Thanks Pavla.

That would mean that the number placed above the bar code is the product number which originated from the boutique. That is why I am skeptical about this resellers claim that this is a different bag. How likely is it that you would have two Alma's with same date code, sold from the same boutique listed on your site within a 3 month period?

The 1st bag was described as having a mothball scent. I decided to wait for another one as I can't stand the smell of mothballs. It was purchased about 3 months ago and recently this 2nd bag was listed as having a perfume scent. Like I stated, all the codes are the same. I spent some time comparing pictures from both listings and both bags have similar markings, only difference is that the interior of the 2nd bag is a bit beat up, which I suspect came from the buyer trying to eliminate the mothball scent.

I actually purchased this bag before I discovered all this, but I have requested (via the seller) that the shipper do a return to sender. I don't want to take the risk of dealing with mothball scents masked by perfume. No Bueno! :nono:

Last edited:
I understand your concern. It can be the same bag. Sold for the first time, then buyer tried to get rid of the mothball scent, but still felt some mothballs, so rather returned it, or offered for resale again.
If there is the possibility to return the bag, so try and you will see.
Once I bought a bag with cigarette scent -the seller didn't mention it in the description. But even the package smelled. And when I opened the box -> OMG. But I thought I would be able to get the bag rid of the smell. I tried everything like baking soda, charcoal, newspaper, hot air, those wipes to the dryer, roses scent.... and still felt the smoke of cigarettes. But my husband, mum and sister didn't smell cigarettes already, but I was like mad and under the roses smell I felt some undertones of cigarettes. So I sold the bag -I met with the buyer personally and she felt only roses, so she was fine with the bag.
You will see when the bag arrives, perhaps the perfume scent will be bearable.... GL!