Question about Alexa regular size....

Praew

Nov 14, 2007
Hi Ladies,

I am thinking about purchasing my first mulberry piece. I am now in love with Mulberry Alexa, regular size. Since this is going to be my first mulberry bag, I have some concern about durability. Can anyone share me if you guys have any problem with alexa. I also have read some comments that Alexa is getting old easily.

Please kindly share your comment. I am so confusing right now :confused1::confused1::confused1:

TIA

I love Alexa, it's my favourite Mulberry design and I haven't had any problems with mine. Hopefully more people can help you out though!

Have had my black Alexa for about 18 months now and is fine. As good as new IMO and the leather hasn't creased at all (which I prefer). Best advice I can give is you have to see a few in IRL to compare and you will find one that is best for you.

I think I have read problems with the Oak Alexa but I don't recall hearing any with another colour. I guess it might depend how you are going to use it. Is it for everyday and will it take a lot of bashing around and stuff?

I own eight alexa's four regular sized and I am by no means the biggest alexa fan on here and own an oak within my little group, I think the most important choice with these is do you like wrinkly or smooth and do hand pick your bag checking the leather is not dry I use a brilliant leather conditioner sealant from the furniture clinic.
I have been really happy with mine and prefer alexa to the bayswater as I prefer a lighter weight bag that can also be used as a messenger, the only consideration with this is you cannot load up an alexa in same way as you can a bayswater.

I think it depends on how you use it. I have a regular Ink Alexa and i'm always careful not to overload it with heavy stuff. As long as you carry your daily essentials in it and not the kitchen sink, the bag will hold up just fine.

Here are what I normally carry in my Alexa: make up pouch, wallet, 500ml water bottle, sunglasses in its case, small folded umbrella (when it's going to rain).

I have two Alexa's; my 1st and one true love is my Ink Regular size bought January 2010. It is my most used bag, i fill it to the brim, I treat it ok, but don't baby it and it is still my most beloved bag, the leather is fabulous and has no signs of wear but the plaque that houses the lock is a little worn looking, a few scratches and the lock itself shows signs of wear from contant use. I still love it though!! Oh, and it's made in England.

My second Alexa is the Watermelon Regular size, had this one since May 2011, with it being a lighter colour dirty marks do show up, the long strap is quite a bit shorter than the Ink and the leather not as beautiful - although still lovely leather. After my 2nd Alexa experience I am unlikely to buy a third unless it was on sale sig style. The Watermelon is made in Turkey, I am usually careful to check this before buying but bought this one by mail order from Harrods.com.

I will always love my Ink and will probably use it forever!!

I have an OS black Alexa that I love!! I don't use her as an every day bag, but more like a weekend bag. I do know many ladies on here do use their Alexa's as every day bags though and seem to hold up well. I've had mine for about 6 months and she looks brand new!

I have just purchased my 4th regular Alexa and adore them all. I have other Mulberry bags but find the Alexa such a wonderfully practical bag and they always look stunning. It is a great everyday day bag but could be used for many occasions. I love the look, size & the fact it has a grab handle & a strap you can adjust for over shoulder or xbody.

I use a bag liner and this helps the bag hold its shape and takes but a minute to change bags

They have all held up so well and worn beautifully, I wear them in all weather without any worries. I recently though of buying a PS1 and was very surprised about all the adverse comments on how they had worn. I am sticking with Mulberry.

Go for it you can’t go wrong.

Out of interest where did you get a bag liner from? I'd like to get one for my OS Alexa

Hi, the Tintamar Handbag Organisers are really good and come in small/medium/large and loads of colours. I use a medium for my regular Alexa so would think a large would be ideal for the OS. They have loads of different types on Ebay but I have found the Tintamar the best although more expensive.