Question about a return...

purpleoscuro

Feb 22, 2008
My mother in law received a Coach bag for Christmas and she never used because she say it's not her style ( I think she don't like any purse) and she told me that I can have it if I want! The bag have still the tag attached but I don't think I like it so much. It's a Hamptons carryall.
My question is if I can return that bag to Coach and exchange it for other if I don't have the receipt and it's from December?
Can I do that? :angel:

Yup, as long as the tag is still attached. I returned a purse that someone bought as a gift way back in November at an outlet! I didn't get the full retail price since I couldn't find the receipt however.

I thought you could just take it into any Coach store and they would give you mercandise credit -anyone know?? I've not returned anything without the receipt before although I'm about to - my DH bought me a bag that I just bought on PCE and he always tosses his receipts;)

yeah..you can def. just take it in for a coach merchandise credit/exchange.
I think the SA or manager may have said that so that the return didn't count against their store..who knows tho..just a guess!

I actually called Coach today and ask about that and they told me I can send it to JAX and I receive merchandise credit. Somebody did this before? How long time it take?

I sent some stuff in and it took a while. Almost 3 weeks...

I decided to send it in because it had the Nordstrom tag on it and the store was being pains about it so i decided to just send it in instead of driving 2 hours to get told no-(even though they could).

If you have a store near you just go there... It won't take as long.