Question about a exchange...

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Ok, I am sooooooo bummed.
    I bought my Portobello GM Pre-last price increase.
    think I paid $1540 or something like that.
    Well I was just checking it over making sure it didnt
    have that cracking issue and it does. :sad:
    I know LV will replace or exchange it but
    I would most likely exchange it for a Marylebone GM
    which is the same price as my Port. BUT now the
    marylebone and my port is $1760. Do you think I will have to pay the differents if I went with the Marylebone?

2. So sorry to hear about your PB!! ;(

I don't know this for sure, but I would say no, you would not have to pay the difference because these bags are the same price now. Were they the same price before too? (It seems like they were.) The only time I did an exchange post-price increase they gave me credit for the new price. GL and let us know how it goes!

3. Yeah they were the same price before too.
    I kinda figured I would have to pay the extra $200.
    I will let you know what happens.
    Won't be back to my LV for 2 weeks. :sad:

4. It only seems fair that you would not have to pay the higher price. At least we've got 3 weeks until the dreaded price increase on March 2nd.

5. I agree..I have a good relationship with the store manager so my fingers are crossed.

6. They won't make you pay. You might remember my DH got me the Alma GM for Christmas in late October. He paid $2740 plus 10% tax. The day after Christmas I exchanged it for the Speedy 30 in Infini. It was $2900 but so was the Alma GM because there was a price increase between when DH bought the bag and when I exchanged it. LV did an even exchange.

7. I do remember. .
    Thank you for posting. Makes me feel a lot better.

8. Sorry to hear that. I remember other members had similar issue with the Port and they were offered either exchange or a store credit of the current price. Hope they will do the same for you, please, keep us posted.
    Please, post a picture of how it looks like. I noticed that the wrinkle on mine is getting worse, there is no crack yet, but it has a hairline white line.

9. I will post a picture as soon as I get home.

10. Thanks. What a disappointment for you, I know how much you enjoyed using this one.
    I wonder if all the issues with Port are for the ones made in the USA only. All the ones I have seen already come with the wrinkle on the same exact spot even brand new.

11. Fingers crossed for an even exchange! Let us know what they say.

12. I hope they honor it for you! GL

13. Here are a few pictures of my poor Portobello.. :sad: By the way I bought this brand new and it's made in USA.
    I used it for just over 8 weeks total..

Attached Files:

14. exact same spot as everyone else's crack, and you just bought it recently. It is strange they have not fixed the issue.

15. Yeah I was hoping that issue was fixed too. I really love the bag and would like another one but I'm just to afraid it will happen again.. :shucks: