Queen Sugar

Midseason premiere last night. I was surprised by Charley's mother. I hope Darla reunites with her parents. I wonder what Hollywood will do regarding his job? We'll hopefully learn what's wrong with Aunt Vi tonight.

i have seen so many people say this and wonder why. we knew she was white and from what Charley has said - she only cares about herself. she was on point with that! i just can't see her and ernest being married and in love because she is all about the money and nice things - he didn't have either! i am feeling that she is a member of the Landrey family and that is the reason they don't like them and tried so hard to take their land and run them off it! they knew what was going on between those two and of course didn't like it. i can't wait for part two tonight to find out what is going on with Aunt Vi. I wonder if Darla's parent's are upset because of her drug addiction and/or her being with Ralph Angel. now that they have cast the roles i am sure they will be showing up soon!

Maybe my recollection is off, but didn’t Darla say there’s a chance RA may not be Blu’s father or did she say definitely he’s not the father?

Too, why can’t RA & family say, okay, may not be the father, but RA the only father Blu has ever known and go on from there?

If Darla said nothing and it came out later, she would still be an outcast . Girl can win for trying.

Maybe my recollection is off, but didn’t Darla say there’s a chance RA may not be Blu’s father or did she say definitely he’s not the father?

Too, why can’t RA & family say, okay, may not be the father, but RA the only father Blu has ever known and go on from there?

If Darla said nothing and it came out later, she would still be an outcast . Girl can win for trying.

Exactly!!! She said he might not be his!!
She’s a good person and I feel for her! All she’s trying to do is the right thing! but you know RA is going to cry and groan and nope so they are going to treat him like a baby as usual!!

That's what she said @Ginger Tea. Ralphie hears what he wants and runs with it.

This is Blue's family, whether Ralphie is his biological father or not. It's the only family Blue knows. I think the family feels the same; it just hurts right now. I cannot be mad at Ralphie though. He and Darla have been through a lot and it seems like Blue is the only thing they "got right". And now for her to tell him there's a possibility he's not his father is just too much.

I couldn't believe Darla's mother though. After one day of breaking the news she's talking about leave and get a fresh start. What? Why would you want to take Blue from his family like that? He barely knows them. Didn't even know how to address them.

Reactions: SittinInCoach
I really hope Charlie knows what she's doing. Not ten steps ahead, fifty girl, fifty!!!
Darla and Ralphie so sad.
The story of Blue's name was so sweet; I loved that scene, well done. Blue is such a good actor!

Nova would chew Remy up and spit him out!! what the hell was that scene with them all about! don't even!
i was holding my breath while Ralph Angel was looking for Darla and when he finally found her swimming I finally let it go! and when he told her "God bless you Darla" i was through!!!:crybaby: #onthefloor

i guess we will have to wait until next season for a paternity test to be given to the child! they need to do this ASAP for my piece of mind! and Aunt Vi said yes!!:love: have mercy!!! and they is rich now!!!:lol:

Not liking how Darla is being treated here. Family going to the the extreme lengths. Yes, family is everything, but no one has a voice or reason to say...look you’re the only father Blu knows, rock with it. Can do a paternity test, but regardless of outcome he’s your son. Throwing Darla to the wolves. Come on.

Exactly what was that about with Remus & Nova.

And, I hear Charley...playing a dangerous hand, but like RA said, It’s that Godfather type of ‘ish. Recognize game for game, but you have to know how to play the game & take no prisoners.