"Queen" and Hermes Scarves

HG - the movie made me realize just how historically important Diana's death really was - the monarchy was really under pressure - this is the kind of thing that will be in history books - like the abdication/Mrs. Simpson moment - Prime ministers advising queens etc. etc. ...that the Queen hadn't been outside the palace among her people since the end of WW II! I missed the whole thing as I was running around in the Alps in Switzerland at the time and only saw snippets of the news at night - nobody seemed to be talking about it at all in the hotel in Vitznau....I wish I had seen more on TV at the time. Did Diana carry Hermes? I remember feragamo and dior but not Hermes?

Liz, I don't recall Diana ever wearing or carrying Hermes. But then again, Hermes wasn't the hot commodity in the 80's and 90's as it is now. I didn't realize until seeing this movie how much pressure the monarchy was under during this time. But like everything else in life, it quickly became old news. I believe the English monarchy is still flying high in public approval.

I haven't seen "Queen" yet but the Diana exhibit came to my Art Museum this year. I actually went twice and saw many beautiful gowns but I don't recall handbags or shoes being featured in the exhibit. In many cases, the dress models were footless or wore simple pumps. There were dozens of pictures but this was before I began noticing Hermes. Surely she must have had a Kelly?