Quarantine tips and surgery at OPERA ps

frantotee

Jan 24, 2018
QUARANTINE PREP:
The process of preparing for and entering into mandatory quarantine looks complex from the outside, but once you actually go through, the process is actually quite simple. To make things much simpler and smoother, I recommend bringing:

•A pen
•A folder/envelope
•Korean contact number***IMPORTANT
•Address you’ll be staying at after quarantine

A local Korean contact number is essential, as they call it to verify your reason of visit. Just be sure to let the person know in advance so they can pick up the call when they ring. I used OPERA’s english consultant, but you could use your friend, airbnb host, etc. Same for the address; could be your airbnb or the clinic you’re doing surgery with. A pen is highly recommended because of just how many forms you have to fill out throughout the entire process, and I also recommend bringing a folder or large envelope to keep all of the together in.

Most places in Korea take cards, but I know of people whose cards have been declined. So before your departure, make sure to place a travel notification on all your cards. I still recommend you to convert your currency at the airport with one of the exchange booths there just in case. If you plan on taking the bus or metro, this is a must, as you must use cash to load the transportation card.

The facility provides a plug adaptor upon request, but be careful. An adapter is different from a converter. Adapters change the plug shape to suit the outlet type while converters convert the electric voltage. Most smartphones and laptops already automatically convert voltage, but I wouldn’t power devices like a hot iron without a converter. Please be aware that you are unable to do laundry while in quarantine, so pack accordingly.

Be careful though because some facilities don’t allow mail deliveries, so it’s better to order a SIM card and pick up at the airport than play russian roulette because you have no say in where you’ll be quarantining at, and it is all by chance. Plan accordingly for the quarantine fees ranging from $1500 all the up to $2100. Again, each facility is different and you have no say in staying at a cheaper or more expensive place.

Other than that, you can just chill in your quarantine facility and the two weeks will pass by. The facility provides essentials like towels, soaps, toothbrush/toothpaste, hairdryer, tea and coffee packets, and an adapter upon request. They deliver meals 3x a day with the options of Korean, Western, vegetarian, and halal. They have wifi and a TV for entertainment and check your temperature every day while also expecting you to record your own in an app you download when you arrive.

Don’t be too stressed because the Korean faculty are there to guide you throughout the process. Brush up on your Korean during your stay to make your trip a lot easier

I booked the surgery in advance and I'm happy with my decision because I didn't have to wait for the schedule. I had DE and rhinoplasty with rib cartilage on the tip, today is my 6th day, I like the line of my eyelids a lot and the cast and stitches will be removed on the 7th day, can't wait to see my nose.

Cakesss

Apr 26, 2020
Hi I also am planning of doing rhinoplasty at opera did you do it with dr Kim who specialize in rhinoplasty at opera and can you give an honest feedback on what you think of their clinic and experience? Also are you satisfied so far with your results?

frantotee

Jan 24, 2018
Hi I also am planning of doing rhinoplasty at opera did you do it with dr Kim who specialize in rhinoplasty at opera and can you give an honest feedback on what you think of their clinic and experience? Also are you satisfied so far with your results?
Yes, dr Kim was my surgeon, I do think he is a good doctor, there was a problem but he fixed it for me, so far I like the result. The clinic is big, and the consultant here is very kind and helpful. I have a Korean friend so she helped a lot with ordering food and shopping, etc so the stay is actually quite ok!

frantotee

Jan 24, 2018
what was the problem?
This is the other thread I just posted

babykyoong

Dec 21, 2020
This is the other thread I just posted
I read it just now.. Your nose looks really pretty .. Thankyou for the detailed review !