Quarantine and handbags

Oct 30, 2015
So, I have been working from home since March 16th. I work in an office setting and enjoyed using my bags but since the quarantine I haven't really gone anywhere which I am grateful by the way. If you are in the same ssituation as I am how do you enjoy your collections when you are not really leaving the house? No, I do not go to the grocery my husband does that. I went to the mall few times just to buy something (yes it's LV related)but that's about it.

I have a social media presence for my bags, so I still film videos and take pictures of them, even if I'm not using them. Could you start a bag-themed Instagram for the short term?

Also, I've been doing my best to take my bags off the shelf and condition them/clean them, even if I'm not using them

I have a social media presence for my bags, so I still film videos and take pictures of them, even if I'm not using them. Could you start a bag-themed Instagram for the short term?

Also, I've been doing my best to take my bags off the shelf and condition them/clean them, even if I'm not using them
I can probably squeeze a little bit of bag themed on my insta. thank you

Reactions: OogleAtLuxury
I have made my tiny walk in closet very very girlie and a vision of hopeful things to come. My bags are on display. I have added art work. Painted. I will be adding shelving. I open my closet door and my bags make my heart just soar. My bright blue lambskin Fendi helps me to dream of days to come. I imagine strolling in Central Park with it. I love to touch it. :love::love: My bags keep me connected to who I was and help me to imagine who I will be when this nightmare is behind us.

So, I have been working from home since March 16th. I work in an office setting and enjoyed using my bags but since the quarantine I haven't really gone anywhere which I am grateful by the way. If you are in the same ssituation as I am how do you enjoy your collections when you are not really leaving the house? No, I do not go to the grocery my husband does that. I went to the mall few times just to buy something (yes it's LV related)but that's about it.

I’m in the same boat as you. I’m mostly going out for exercise so it’s not like I’m going to be carrying my nice bags then :/

I sometimes try on my bags - almost adult dress up!:P:lol:

I know there’s threads for this, but would love to see new bag storage ideas! I’m trying to keep anything that goes outside near the front door but I don’t usually keep all my bags there.

Reactions: 880 and Luv2Shop1

Similar to you, I have been pretty much “sheltering in place” since March. I haven’t been to any stores. My husband and I take the kids to a nearby duck pond and my bags come along. It is what it is right now. You are not alone. I really believe things will improve by the summer or fall.

I feel you completely. I’m relishing any opportunity I have to go out. I’m pregnant so I go to the doctors a lot for checkups, and I do grocery shop so those are my outings where I actually relish taking my bags. I also take them out of their storage dust bags probably once a month to kind of check in on them, where I appreciate them and make sure they are still stored correctly.

Reactions: Yodabest
I appreciate this thread and @LemonDrop very eloquent statement about bags keeping us connected to who we were... It reminds of Gabiella Chanel's quote "I decided who I want to be and that's who I am."

I know I am working hard on keeping my spirits up when at least I am doing something with my bags (i.e. looking, carrying, purchasing, storing them). This is a reminder of who I intend to be and who I can become on the other side of this, with all of you!

I do not work from home because I am an ICU nurse, but I rarely go out except to go to work. I do not bring my luxury bags to work because of the infection risk... I only bring things to work that I can sanitize with bleach when I leave. However, I always have been of the mindset that you should wear the bags you love all the time, not just "save" them for special occasions! Aside from work, I wear my designer bags every time I leave the house, even if it's just to go to Target.

I do not work from home because I am an ICU nurse, but I rarely go out except to go to work. I do not bring my luxury bags to work because of the infection risk... I only bring things to work that I can sanitize with bleach when I leave. However, I always have been of the mindset that you should wear the bags you love all the time, not just "save" them for special occasions! Aside from work, I wear my designer bags every time I leave the house, even if it's just to go to Target.
Just out of curiosity, what bag do you carry to work that is bleachable? I’m imagining one of those clear plastic totes that airport concessions workers use to get through security quickly.

I’ve been using baggu totes for work because I can throw them in the washing machine, but they’re not working for me anymore because I have too much stuff to carry now due to the pandemic. Also I found that I’m too lazy/tired to be constantly changing bags and washing them and usually I just quarantine my bag when i get home. I just ordered some larger totes from ll bean that I hope will fit all the stuff I need for work.