Quality of Zara bags?

klb4556

O.G.
May 18, 2009
Hi everybody!!!

I'm a college student so I'm looking for a semi-inexpensive bag for campus/ just because I want to, and I was looking into a Zara bag made of thermoplastic and PU.

I know I'm always wary of PU bags, because some are made well and don't look cheap and shiny (ie. LIKE plastic lol) and some look REALLY cheap.

I just don't want to make a mistake, and I'd love it if I could make a good purchase on a durable bag.

I was also looking at River Island bags from Asos, because some of the styles were attractive, but read some not so good things about them

anybody who owns a Zara bag? thoughts?

thank you so much!

Unless it is made of genuine leather, the quality is low. Usually the straps tend to break off or tear because they can't carry your things' weight. But the tote is huge, so waht's the point if you can't fill it?

So I don't recommend buying one non-leather and big. Especially if you'll carry along your books, netbook etc.

I would steer you away. I've never purchased one there but from looking at their bags, their quality didn't appeal to me. Perhaps check out Banana Republic or JCrew. They have bags that are of better quality and go on sale.

thanks everybody, I'll be cautious of them. Even IF they're PU bags and tend to be on the lower end of the price spectrum, they're still overpriced, especially if they're gonna tear right off the bat. I have had some PU bags before that held up YEARS and beyond and it was really worth the money, and some that people complimented time and again over my higher end bags, but I think I'll skip zara bags, thanks!

I had 1 Zara's tote & it's still ok if I reglue the tassels back on. Try MNG as some of their leather bags are TDF & the looks are more trendy. The prices are quite similar too.