Quality of Prada?

I've been enjoying dipping my toes into Bottega Veneta myself. I have a friend that's been a fan of them for decades, so I've seen plenty of her bags. My only issue with BV is how difficult it is to find one on the secondary market that isn't HUGE and also at a price point I can live with. It can be done, though. Just takes time and patience.

Prada could learn a few lessons from BV on how to make quality bags, but Prada is more concerned about cranking out profits.... :true:
Bottega Veneta is part of the "Gucci Group" which is Kering (formerly PPR).
They are also interested in cranking profit! They are a business after all.
There is a myth about Bottega Veneta quality: let me set it straight.
I worked for BV for many years and, like every designer labels, they have quality problems. I worked for a very large store in Europe and we would receive requests for repairs every day. The Nappa Intrecciato is beautiful, BUT very fragile. It will also completely lose its shape soon after purchase. Everyday we would see beautiful Montaigne bags or Venetas coming in looking like used condoms. seriously: droopy and sad. I would strongly recommend their stiffer leathers. There are no perfect brands with indestructible bags. All of them will show signs of age more or less quickly. Take Louis Vuitton for example: a NF will look like crap after one year while an Alma in Epi will look new after ten years.

I bought my dream bag recenlty, saffiano lux tote. I spent over $2000 on this bag. (Made in italy). And the stitching looks like this!!!!!!!:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,052
It is quite disappointing, sent2294. Furthermore, it is your dream bag.
I hope that they do more detailed Quality Control, as such high end designer brands should have good quality for its price.
I suggest you to bring back to the store for an one to one exchange.

I recently bought a Prada Saffiano Leather Wallet.
The whole bottle of water accidentally spilled onto the wallet inside my bag.
The wallet became distended and soft, but after a few days, it has returned back to its original shape and looks brand new.

For Prada Saffiano Double Zip Tote, the quality of the leather is quite good.
However, the stitching needs to be improved and the zipper of is not smooth.
One needs to use quite a bit of a force to zip open though.

yes, i am getting more disappointed w prada's quality. i bought a nylon tote (made in italy) in space outlet. after one month of use, the metal slider/zipper started to tarnish. even my cheap made in china bags dont tarnish that quick. tsk. tsk.

I bought BL0796 3 yrs ago i do baby my bags and today when i was using it i notice the hardware are starting to tarnish (pic attach )
Does prada do maintenance for this .. Isn't this bags supposedly gold plated with the price that we are paying ??
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413101168.842404.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1413101209.073325.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1413101232.562798.jpg