Quality of Chanel vs. Dior

swezfamily

O.G.
Dec 18, 2008
I apologize for the duplicate thread, but I haven't received many responses after posting in the general handbag forum and thought I may have more luck here.

I am debating between the Chanel Classic Flap and the Miss Dior. I'd probably get the Chanel if not for what I've heard about the declining quality and issues with customer service when it comes to repairs.

I never resell my bags since I will save them for a future daughter-in-law or grandaughter, so I don't care about resale value. I like the look of both bags equally and am more concerned with the overall quality. I just want to know that whichever bag I choose isn't going to have stitching coming out or broken chains after a couple of months, or a couple of years of use.

I would love to hear from anyone that has experience with both bags, or brands, excluding older Chanel which I've heard was of much higher quality. Any feedback, good or bad, will be much appreciated.

TIA!

I'm big fan of both Chanel and Dior, I think Classic Flap and Lady Dior are two bags which are as elegant as it gets. But when it comes to comparing Classic Flap and Miss Dior I personally think Chanel Classic Flaps are a lot prettier than the Miss Dior. Chanel's interwoven chain is much more fancy and lady like than Miss Dior, also CC lock is much more elegant than the Miss Dior lock. Plus u can adjust the chain length in Chanel flaps :smile:

I have three CFs in Black, Beige and 12A Red. Not even once did I regret getting 3 CFs and no MD. Now that my CF and Lady Dior collection is complete I'm planning on getting my first Miss Dior with long chain.

I would suggest trying out both flaps, see which one calls out to u. You really can'ta go wrong with this, both are very special, may be CF is a bit more special than MD (at least to me) after all CF is the mother of all flaps :smile:

I'm big fan of both Chanel and Dior, I think Classic Flap and Lady Dior are two bags which are as elegant as it gets. But when it comes to comparing Classic Flap and Miss Dior I personally think Chanel Classic Flaps are a lot prettier than the Miss Dior. Chanel's interwoven chain is much more fancy and lady like than Miss Dior, also CC lock is much more elegant than the Miss Dior lock. Plus u can adjust the chain length in Chanel flaps :smile:

I have three CFs in Black, Beige and 12A Red. Not even once did I regret getting 3 CFs and no MD. Now that my CF and Lady Dior collection is complete I'm planning on getting my first Miss Dior with long chain.

I would suggest trying out both flaps, see which one calls out to u. You really can'ta go wrong with this, both are very special, may be CF is a bit more special than MD (at least to me) after all CF is the mother of all flaps :smile:

Thanks for you input! Sounds like you have a nice collection. Have you had any quality issues with any of your 3 CF's? I had intentions to buy a CF a couple of years ago, but the one I was shown had loose stitching and it was the only one in stock. For the price, I was disappointed that a brand new, straight off the shelf bag already had loose stitching, so I never pursued finding the bag elsewhere and instead bought a quilted Lanvin Happy.

While I love love love Chanel, the quality of the Dior leather is really unsurpassed. The Miss Dior is a lovely bag, and it really depends on what you like and what your lifestyle is, as to preference. I also own many Chanel and a few Dior bags, and I really like the Miss Dior. It's fresh, it's durable, it's easy to get in and out of, and Dior is just as classic as Chanel. You do have more color choices with the Miss Dior, so it also really depends on what colors you like and are looking to own in a bag. Either Chanel or Dior, you can't really go wrong. Another consideration is that you do get more for your money at Dior.