Quality Issues?

CharmyPoo

O.G.
Apr 11, 2007
I am so disappointed. I have used this card holder for a week. It's been in a 225 reissue with only an o-pouch nothing else. No idea how this thread is loose.

I purchased this in the US but live in Canada. Anyone have experience fixing something like this in Toronto? Would you bother going through chanel, own repair or just leave it?

IMG_1488644599.965409.jpg

they'll probably just take it into the back and cut it off. that's not a quality issue ... it's not along a seam or anything and isn't near a spot where it'd come apart. but since you've only had it a week you're able to take it in

It's a loose thread, omg - get a grip. Is the card case unraveling?
I feel like when Chanel's only job is to sew leather together and charge an astronomical amount, a loose thread is a big deal. This shouldn't happen after such a short time. They should be experts in cutting thread for a $400 card case.
I am sorry you have to go through the hassle of getting a brand new piece fixed. Please keep us updated on it.

Last edited:
It looks like it's actually come unstitched slightly - is that right? The one below goes into the leather beyond the outline stitching - this thread seems to have come out from there. If this is the case then I would definitely take it in and get it repaired before it gets worse. I can sympathise that its frustrating for such an expensive purchase. Wallets/card holders get lots of wear so need to be finished really well.

Reactions: CharmyPoo and Jdljb
I am so disappointed. I have used this card holder for a week. It's been in a 225 reissue with only an o-pouch nothing else. No idea how this thread is loose.

I purchased this in the US but live in Canada. Anyone have experience fixing something like this in Toronto? Would you bother going through chanel, own repair or just leave it?

View attachment 3623163

Your disappointment is very valid. You should not have to be in charge of trimming a loose stitch on your one week new (!!!) card holder. Take it back to them and let them do whatever they feel like to it and return it to you in good condition. If you were interested in pursing a career in leather repairs/craftsmanship I'm sure you would have made your own card case. Annoying!

Reactions: CharmyPoo and Jdljb
Am not sure repairs in canada, but you can just bring in to any boutiques & discuss with them on how to fix it or any chances of return/exchanges if its within the time frame.

Thank you for everyone's responses and the ones that are helpful. Yes, the stitch came out and it's not loose just loose as I have stated. You are right there are stitches that are uneven in sizes but I didn't make a big deal out of it. It is also close to the seam where this thread has come out.

For those of you who think it's not a big deal, glad to hear there are some of you who think it's no big deal for a $400 card holder with a stitch coming out after a week and it's not a quality issue to you. This attitude helps Chanel find homes for returned items or defective goods. All my older Chanel card holders don't have a single loose thread after years of use. Actually, my card holders from Louis Vuitton has held up equally as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lola24
they'll probably just take it into the back and cut it off. that's not a quality issue ... it's not along a seam or anything and isn't near a spot where it'd come apart. but since you've only had it a week you're able to take it in

Cutting out a stitch will cause the other stitch to unravel essentially taking all the quilting off. I am no seamstress or leather repair expert but I won't risk it myself.

Thank you for everyone's responses and the ones that are helpful. Yes, the stitch came out and it's not loose just loose as I have stated. You are right there are stitches that are uneven in sizes but I didn't make a big deal out of it. It is also close to the seam where this thread has come out.

For those of you who think it's not a big deal, glad to hear there are some of you who think it's no big deal for a $400 card holder with a stitch coming out after a week and it's not a quality issue to you. This attitude helps Chanel find homes for returned items or defective goods. All my older Chanel card holders don't have a single loose thread after years of use. Actually, my card holders from Louis Vuitton has held up equally as well.

Like what I said, you can go to any chanel boutique even if you bought from Saks and not a chanel boutique and they will fix it for you.

Why don't you call the nearest boutique to you and let them know since they are the ones who can really help you.