Quality issues?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi!

I am new to SaInt Laurent and have been doing a lot of research and am noticing a ton of videos/posts about Saint Laurent quality issues. (Straps breaking off, threading coming undone, chains and logo tarnishing, etc). Is this a common thing for these bags or just one off situations? I really want a college bag and/or the Kate but am hesitant.

Thanks for your help!

monet_notthepainter likes this.
  2. I just bought a College bag preowned and the handle is already coming apart :sad:

Saffynyc likes this.
  3. Ugh so sorry to hear that! That’s what I was worried about. I’ve heard their repair process is less than ideal

Purselover86 likes this.
  4. I have 3 SL bags and have had no issues with them. Keep in mind that people tend to complain then ring praise...

5. I have 2 YSL bags. I bought one in 2017 and it still looks good, has no flaws and have no issues with it. It’s the small rive gauche cabas bag. I recently made another purchase 3 months ago and it’s the Small Loulou and had an issue with it. The bag has a crack / tear on the side. The scary part is I am very careful with it so I don’t know how it happened.

Attached Files:

amarilvlover likes this.
  6. I'm new to YSL and received my very first YSL bag yesterday from Saks. I got a new toy loulou which came with two very visible creases. Even the leather on the creases felt different than the rest of the bag. It was very rough and even scratchy. I wanted to like the bag soooo bad but just couldn't settle for it. I sent it back immediately yesterday evening. I didn't even bother exchanging because I felt like they'd just send something similar then I'd have to do the return process all over again. I don't own any other YSL so I can't really provide any insight but this was a very disappointing experience for me.

IMG_6324.jpg IMG_6325.jpeg IMG_6327.jpeg

7. thanks for sharing all! This makes me so sad! I love the college bag but definitely reconsidering now. I’m terrified

8. #8 May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
    I have 6 SL bags. Only 2 have issues w/ leather rubbing off - medium envelope & large college

Loulou, Kate, SDJ, Vicky are all fine... I think it's a hit or miss w/ SL bags... just depends on if you get unlucky & buy a faulty one, I guess :confused1: Ps. I'm careful with my bags. So this is not "normal wear & tear" for how I carry/use them.... But I still love the college style & say to get it! Bags are meant to be used & not look perfect forever! & Even though mine shows wear, I don't mind it too much. My college is still in my top 10 bags of the moment... it's just disappointing, that's all.

vcorfield likes this.
  9. All the people I know who have purchased Saint Laurent leather goods as of lately have had some sort of issue . Usually straps falling off is the common one .

amarilvlover and vcorfield like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice