Quality Issues Belt Bag

Cheally

Aug 22, 2018
Hi,

I have been thinking about buying the Celine Belt Bag Nano in grey for a long time.

So I finally ordered it and now I am a bit disappointed, although I would love to keep it. The workmanship (mainly the glazing) is partly inaccurate and I am not sure whether this is the new „normal“ or whether I should try to order a new one.

Maybe you can help me? Is this normal? Are your Celine Bags look the same? Is it acceptable to pay so much money for a bag and to get this kind of quality? Somehow I got the feeling that the quality got worse...

Thank you so much!DAC5C0CF-C70D-4428-92BE-C0ED888F349C.jpeg4AC40958-88C1-41BA-B503-ED36EB285B42.jpegB0A25CE7-9862-4002-8BCD-AF592EFE5A8C.jpeg80A73BA4-1CF7-48DD-8D6E-625C3202D745.jpegB7B53D2A-FA6D-40AD-B2E3-F905B8D28644.jpegCADC3159-C0A6-476C-87BF-1E4274AF9F0E.jpeg

I saw a blog post about comparing the Phoebe Philo era Céline belt bag vs. the Hedi Slimane belt bag. She notices a lot of the same quality issues you mentioned. There's also different hardware on the bags. I'm looking to get a nano, but would opt for a pre-loved for the price.

http://www.thebeautynovel.com/2019/03/celine-nano-belt-bag-old-vs-new-quality.html?m=1

Does anyone have insignificant on the clasps from the Phoebe Philo era? I got a pre-owned bag and on the clasp "Celine" reads from bottom to top, which i've heard can be a sign of a fake, but it is how the logo is printed on the taper purse in this comparison. Does anyone have any insight? Its oddly be so appreciated!

Reactions: Rarsi
Does anyone have insignificant on the clasps from the Phoebe Philo era? I got a pre-owned bag and on the clasp "Celine" reads from bottom to top, which i've heard can be a sign of a fake, but it is how the logo is printed on the taper purse in this comparison. Does anyone have any insight? Its oddly be so appreciated!

I would seek out an authenticating service. There used to be an Authenticate this Céline thread, but I think it's closed now.

I was thinking about purchasing a philo era micro belt bag and I saw some on fashionphile but none of them come with authenticity tags, so I am hesitant to buy (all of the ones I was looking at were "New" so I just assumed they would have authenticity tags). I have actually never purchased anything from Celine before, but do authenticity tags come with Celine handbags?

I was thinking about purchasing a philo era micro belt bag and I saw some on fashionphile but none of them come with authenticity tags, so I am hesitant to buy (all of the ones I was looking at were "New" so I just assumed they would have authenticity tags). I have actually never purchased anything from Celine before, but do authenticity tags come with Celine handbags?

Old Céline Phoebe Philo era bags do not come with authenticity tags. They do come with care booklet and identification cards. A bag that does not come with these tags does not deem it counterfeit. To add, bags sold in Japan do not come with identification cards.

Reactions: Rarsi
Old Céline Phoebe Philo era bags do not come with authenticity tags. They do come with care booklet and identification cards. A bag that does not come with these tags does not deem it counterfeit. To add, bags sold in Japan do not come with identification cards.
Oh, I see. Thanks for sharing this information I did not know about this.

I actually just found a philo era belt bag in stores so I think to be safe though I am going to purchase directly from the store so there are no issues with it being a counterfeit

I have a box from PP and a sangle from HS both purchased directly from the boutique. I don’t think either came with authenticity cards/tags that you might see from Chanel or Chloe...unless it was mixed in with all the booklet stuff I just threw into the box for storage

Reactions: Sophia
I received my second bag in January and the glazing on the handle was cracked. (Didn’t exchange it again bc I couldn’t be bothered. I already exchanged the first one I got which was uneven and weight distribution was weird) Now after only my third use of this one, the thread that attaches the zipper is pulling the threads on the zipper loose I think.

Should I take this in and have them look at it/repair? Or am I being a nitpicker?

Attachments

• 96033C05-7421-4603-AC4B-3E9F691C5C83.jpeg
    96033C05-7421-4603-AC4B-3E9F691C5C83.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 56
  • C5BB976B-356D-40C5-9470-63934AEE18DA.jpeg
    C5BB976B-356D-40C5-9470-63934AEE18DA.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 58
I received my second bag in January and the glazing on the handle was cracked. (Didn’t exchange it again bc I couldn’t be bothered. I already exchanged the first one I got which was uneven and weight distribution was weird) Now after only my third use of this one, the thread that attaches the zipper is pulling the threads on the zipper loose I think.

Should I take this in and have them look at it/repair? Or am I being a nitpicker?

Hmm, I think you should use this bag with no worries! If the issues get worse overtime you can always take it back to the store for a little bag rehab!