Quality issue with disco soho

Pitsrule

Apr 3, 2014
Does anyone else have the patent leather blush/pink disco? I've been using mine for a few weeks and noticed some of the colored edging coming off the straps of the bag. Is this a quality issue? Would Gucci exchange the bag? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406769700.779002.jpg

Pitsrule

Apr 3, 2014
I didn't get any responses but want to provide a quick update. I contacted gucci online and they provided a return label for me to send my bag back to be evaluated. They decided to refund me for the purchase price of the bag. I'm happy with the resolution but bummed because I really liked the bag. I plan to purchase one in black leather. Hopefully if won't have issues with it.

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
I didn't get any responses but want to provide a quick update. I contacted gucci online and they provided a return label for me to send my bag back to be evaluated. They decided to refund me for the purchase price of the bag. I'm happy with the resolution but bummed because I really liked the bag. I plan to purchase one in black leather. Hopefully if won't have issues with it.
Good to hear that they had great after-sales service.

Patent leather tends to do that a bit more because it is more stiff. The stiffness causes the resin edges of the bag to separate from the patent more easily, and thus causing peeling.

I can't tell if there was resin at the edge of the strap, but if it was just patent leather folded along the edge, then you will get the same problem. The stiffness of patent cannot yield nicely to being bent to such an extent at the seam, so it cracks.

If you get a soft pebbled leather Disco Soho, then you won't see this problem for a while.