Quality is so bad for new black caviar

I'm sorry, I still can't see a missing stitch?!?
My stitches on the bottom of my bags don't line up either. I've never seen one that does (on the bottom with the rest of the bag). The back pocket should line up perfectly. Different grains of leather will change per season. If you aren't happy with this seasons, you may have to wait for another. The puffiness of the quilting also differs from bag to bag. Although, it should be consistent imho on each bag. Good luck finding your perfect bag!

Ok so mine doesn't have this issue but my stitching placement is different. Yours seems to end right where the pocket ends. I will take a picture and upload for you.

I spoke to the Sloan Street store in London who said exchange is at sole manager's discretion. If my layman eyes can spot such stiching details to be missed, imagine someone may have thought it's a fake if I try to resell in the future! I'm a bit hard broken as I saved up so many years for my first bag and would expect a $6000 bag to be quality checked to the smallest details, not to mention so many inconsistencies. At first I thought I was crazy but then I think Chanel products deserves higher level of scrutiny - with higher prices come higher standard!
Anyway I shall keep you posted of my exchange experience when I visit next week.

Reactions: Jdljb
I spoke to the Sloan Street store in London who said exchange is at sole manager's discretion. If my layman eyes can spot such stiching details to be missed, imagine someone may have thought it's a fake if I try to resell in the future! I'm a bit hard broken as I saved up so many years for my first bag and would expect a $6000 bag to be quality checked to the smallest details, not to mention so many inconsistencies. At first I thought I was crazy but then I think Chanel products deserves higher level of scrutiny - with higher prices come higher standard!
Anyway I shall keep you posted of my exchange experience when I visit next week.
They should definitely exchange it!!! This is unacceptable in my opinion. Good luck. Please keep us updated. I am sorry you have to go through the hassle :sad:

Reactions: MaiQ
Wow... so sorry to hear. I want to say that Chanel is a global brand - not a small local London boutique/small business. This is clearly a defect - unless they believe that you went home, grab some sort of sharp tool and carefully/gently pulled out one thread to make it this way....? :thinking: You should consider asking them that if they think it's "normal" and not a "defect" that they will take back and exchange/refund - I would probably do it when there are plenty of customer near me. :P (I have zero tolerance for bad customer service at a high end branded store like this on silliness).

This is CLEARLY a manufacturing defect. Sloan store may make discretionary decision on things like "customer changed mind" or "caviar doesn't look so shiny than how it looks in my head/my sister's". This is not a customer preference issue. it's a manufacturer defect issue. You do not as a "location" of a worldwide brand to make discretionary on behalf of the corporate manufacturer perspective on what you feel like taking back - there are procedures, guidelines and policies - even a McDonalds would have those - imagine you had a hamburger and discovered something that shouldn't be in there as you open the wrapper - it's not up to the location manager's discretion.

If they are not willing to work with you (they should take care of it with an apology gift for your trouble in my opinion), you absolutely should email (with these photos and your experience - plus names of specific people who did not take professional care) to Chanel customer service and corporate office.

All that said, I can't imagine that they wont take care of something this silly - it' embarrassing for them quality wise seriously. BEST of luck!!!!

Last year I was bitten by the chanel bug and started saving for my first chanel flap. I already have the chanel gst and one seasonal flap. But everytime I go to the store, I can't seem to find the perfect stitching and caviar I wanted. I went and continue to save that now I already have more than enough money to buy a Birkin. I still like chanel but honestly, I can't seem to find something that is on my standard. Maybe because for me the price is too much for the bag not to be perfect. Maybe I'm super OC when it comes to craftmanship and details. Right now I am thinking of just putting my bag fund in an investment instead. Anyway, I hope you do find the happiness in your purchase because it's such a big purchase. My advice to you is don't settle. If something bothers you then ask for exchange/store credit. It's not some random bags you can just give away if you don't want it anymore.

Reactions: Jdljb and MaiQ
Please see attached with the circle... one can argue they can skip the final stitching line as it's close to the corner but maybe I am too obsessed over the details ... in my opinion the quilt stiching should still run across on the pocket instead even when it's close to the corner.

I'm a bit hard broken really; didn't expect Chanel quality to vary so much; hope that the SA don't mind me when I come in for exchange if I ask to see two bags just to be sure the next one will be perfect.

Ahh after a while I get what u mean. N cross checked with other bags back pocket picture. Surprisingly it's kinda varied. But yes, most does line up.

If you're super detail oriented, I highly suggest just bringing it for an exchange and insist to see the other bags haha. Luckily it's a classic item, they should have more :smile:.

For the amount, a Chanel bag should make ur heart flutter.

Good eyes. I think it's the way the stitch is placed. There is not much space to stitch there. It's too close to the rim of the pocket. I think it's intentional but I see your point. Good luck with your exchange.

Btw, for the puffiness, I read somewhere that Chanel bag has high stitch count per square so it's not going to be very puffy. Fake bags have low stitch count and look super puffy. You might want to consider lambskin since it's shiny and puffier than caviar.