Quality bags under $500?

Hi ladies! I hope you might be able to help me. My mum wants a black rather roomy bag which would cost under $500. What brands do you think would be good? It shouldn't be a rather classic design so it won't look odd in like 6 months or something. I was looking at some Kade Spade bags, but don't know. So what do you think? (My mum is 41 btw)

I second the suggestion of Coach, and Cole Haan is very nice too. I particularly like the Coach Carly bag, in the large size in black leather. This sounds like something your mom might like--it's hip for the moment, but it looks classic. The book tote is a great basic bag too.

I would highly recommend Kate Spade. I have one, and I absolutely love it. Here are some suggestions...

1. This is the same style as mine (mine's the classic noel fabric, though) - it's very roomy, and comfortable. I like that this one's a little spunky with the snakeskin details:
kate spade

2. I like this classic leather one:
kate spade

3. This one is technically a baby bag, but I think it would be a great everyday bag...

kate spade

Good luck! I'm sure you'll find something amazing!

cole Haan is a good choice. Coach has a lot in this price range. I don't know if Kate Spade is as popular as it was a few years ago, but the prices are ok and the styles are classic.

I'm going to chime in with Cole Haan
There's also Furla. My mom also has loved her Longchamp leather bag and her Francesco Biasa bags to death. I think you'll find lots of affordable options out there.