Quality and sa service

luxurylove25

Jul 31, 2014
Hi I am wanting to purchase the Montaigne MM in Empriente Leather in Aurore and after extensive research I keep finding negative information regarding the brand itself, the quality, (which is the most important to me) the sa service, and repair service. Can anyone honestly tell me who makes the best quality leather handbags from these designers (LV, Chanel, Chloe, Dior, Givenchy,Gucci, Hermes, and Prada). Any information will help.

Hi I am wanting to purchase the Montaigne MM in Empriente Leather in Aurore and after extensive research I keep finding negative information regarding the brand itself, the quality, (which is the most important to me) the sa service, and repair service. Can anyone honestly tell me who makes the best quality leather handbags from these designers (LV, Chanel, Chloe, Dior, Givenchy,Gucci, Hermes, and Prada). Any information will help.

I'm looking to get the same bag for my mom. It's gorgeous. Definitely get it. The quality is amazing, the resale value is fantastic - find the right sa for you. Repairs are easy within the first year

I think with any brand you can have issues. I recently had an issue at a particular store, but have had wonderful experiences not only with CS at the (800) but also in certain boutiques. I look through all the premier designer threads and you are going to always find negative things in each one, but the positives outweigh the negative.

If you love the bag you should get it. Thoroughly inspect the bag, and ask any questions that you may have.

Well some people on other sites where saying that there wallets and handbags came apart in like a week and that they could not get an exchange or they wanted to return a handbag and they would not let them and that the repair on a handbag came out to be more than the handbag originally cost. I was like is it me or is it just everyone coming down on LV lately.

Well some people on other sites where saying that there wallets and handbags came apart in like a week and that they could not get an exchange or they wanted to return a handbag and they would not let them and that the repair on a handbag came out to be more than the handbag originally cost. I was like is it me or is it just everyone coming down on LV lately.

Which other websites? I'm only curious because if their things were falling apart after one week (on a legit reason) I can't imagine them not taking it back or repairing it, that makes no sense... something must be missing. Now, repairs can be expensive on items that aren't relatively new (new piping, lining). LV also will not repair items with damaged canvas.

Also, you if you are looking at TPF, there are a lot more people on the LV forum vs. everyone else. You are probably hearing more people and their experiences.

I have had some quality issue with my bag, but the customer service I received was fantastic, I have no complaints whatsoever.

I guess I'm lucky, I don't have any issue (yet) with other premier brands either, I bought a Miu Miu wallet a few months back, and found out there was a dent on the wallet (I bought the wallet at pre-sale for 30% off, so no return/ exchange) I brought it back anyway, they were still able to exchanged my wallet without giving me a hard time. That's why I stick to premier brands I guess, they care about their image.

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

Well I don't know where you're getting this information but I can tell you one thing - I have the Montaigne MM in Empreinte Noir and Amethyste. Both handbags are fantastic! I loved those 2 so much that I went and got it in Ostrich! And let me tell you - Exotics are not cheap.

I would never have done that if I didn't have total faith in the handbags and the Brand. I have the most fabulous SA too.

Also, my Shop in the Houston Galleria is one fine place to go.

I think there can be issues with all brands. No one is perfect. It's not that a problem happens, it's how the company makes it right!

So, to make a long story long, I really hope you get the Montaigne MM in Aurore! It's a gorgeous color and a fabulous handbag. :heart:

I feel that LV is really good at handling quality issues if they arise. I feel safer buying LV because they stand behind their products. Sometimes you can get a jerk sa but if you are not happy with the answers they give you go to another boutique.

I am lucky enough that i havent had any issue with any bags that i have purchased . However , it is recommended that you inspect the bag extremely carefully ( to every single detail/ stitches) before you buy it . Because SA tends to show you the bag they put in drawers ( not the display one but it has been inspected/touched or watever before), so if you aint happy with that then sa will bring the one in the store room, which usually is brand new, out for you to see. Sometimes you have to pretend to be picky enough to get some more services out of sa.

Which other websites? I'm only curious because if their things were falling apart after one week (on a legit reason) I can't imagine them not taking it back or repairing it, that makes no sense... something must be missing. Now, repairs can be expensive on items that aren't relatively new (new piping, lining). LV also will not repair items with damaged canvas.

Also, you if you are looking at TPF, there are a lot more people on the LV forum vs. everyone else. You are probably hearing more people and their experiences.

I agree!