Q on returning a LV bag after a week.

okay, whatever you say

Don't worry about it, you're fine. :smile: But you resurrected an 8 year old thread. Welcome to the forum eh!? :smile:

It's interesting to see how different members' responses were in this thread when it was first posted several years ago, to now. LV's policy has not changed. I wonder why people's attitudes have. If customers have a problem potentially buying a product that was put back on a shelf after a return, in perfect condition, then they should only spend their money on a company that has a no-return policy. Louis Vuitton accepts returns. (Some kind of return policy is generally how most businesses work.) And you were simply exercising that right.

I hope you're not deterred from sticking around. :P

No bag that I have ever bought from LV had cardboard or plastic on it, unless you are talking about the little blue plastic pieces on the zipper hardware.
It is true- the handles and straps usually come with plastic around them and there is a cardboard insert to hold the bag's shape when they arrive from the warehouse. I think generally staff remove these before selling but sometimes you can get bags still wrapped. I know also bags from lv.com will arrive like this- I have had this happen to me on a few occasions. I like that they leave them.

+1...I think part of the problem is LV's return/exchange policy as well. If LV actually attached the tag to the bags from the outside it would discourage people from carrying their bag out if they were unsure. If they decided to return it would be easier to tell if the bag was used based on the tag.

I agree, that would be a great idea. I don't tend to return things because it takes me while to get to the point of purchasing something. I would be happy with an outside tag attached in order to return.

+1 to both. IMO, when you are spending "a lot of money" on an item, you should be doing a lot of research and only buy when you are certain of your decision. If there is any doubt at all, do some more research, go try on the bag at the store a few more times, sleep on it. I have no problem with returns/exchange when there is a clear flaw (and of course this is subjective) with the bag that is not the fault of the purchaser. But buyer's remorse after one have already used the bag? No, absolutely not. I would never ever think about doing such a thing, regardless of the price of the item. To me, it is morally wrong.

Don't worry about it, you're fine. :smile: But you resurrected an 8 year old thread. Welcome to the forum eh!? :smile:

It's interesting to see how different members' responses were in this thread when it was first posted several years ago, to now. LV's policy has not changed. I wonder why people's attitudes have. If customers have a problem potentially buying a product that was put back on a shelf after a return, in perfect condition, then they should only spend their money on a company that has a no-return policy. Louis Vuitton accepts returns. (Some kind of return policy is generally how most businesses work.) And you were simply exercising that right.

Nah, all good here. But, oh dear, appears I've opened up a huge can of worms.

Although it is an eight year old thread, it's still a timeless hot subject! :smile: