Q on returning a LV bag after a week.

Shouldn't be a problem since you've only used it once. FYI, if you can, try to shop at LV in Saks, i know not that many selection but it's SIXTY day return period!!!!!
Check out the new verins when u go to LV ^_<

I buy from Saks all the time and it's the same return period as the LV freestanding store, 14 days for return and 30 days for exchange. LV is a leased boutique and not part of the Saks store, thus Saks and their 60 day return policy does not apply.

Recently I returned an LV bag. I believe it was a before Christmas purchase. Carried it once or twice for a few hours. I called my SA after xmas explaining how this bag didn't work for me and how it would be another week or so before I could get to Saks.. No problem.. she completely understood and appreciated that I called. Definitely helpful that I buy all my LV bags from her!

I don't know about where you are, but where I am, the SAs will leave the plastic and cardboard on the brand new bag and should you choose to return (within one month), the plastic and cardboard should preferably be still on the bag (as I was told).

No bag that I have ever bought from LV had cardboard or plastic on it, unless you are talking about the little blue plastic pieces on the zipper hardware.

Recently I returned an LV bag. I believe it was a before Christmas purchase. Carried it once or twice for a few hours. I called my SA after xmas explaining how this bag didn't work for me and how it would be another week or so before I could get to Saks.. No problem.. she completely understood and appreciated that I called. Definitely helpful that I buy all my LV bags from her!

You used the bag and then return it???
I would hate to be the gal that bought that bag thinking it was new..
Shocked your SA took it back knowing you used it.

You used the bag and then return it???
I would hate to be the gal that bought that bag thinking it was new..
Shocked your SA took it back knowing you used it.

"used" as in carefully carried on my shoulder for a very short amount of time. Enough to know, much to my surprise, that it was a regrettable purchase. Don't be shocked, my SA knows me and how well I take care of my bags.
Thanks for the comment.

Tough subject. You pay that much for a bag, you should love it. But I am not sure that I would want a bag that had been carried, even only once. I doubt that I would ever know but if I found out, I couldn't say that I would not be disappointed. When I am paying as much as I am for a bag, I kind of want to be the only one that carried it, unless I am buying pre-loved.

I get both sides

Tough subject. You pay that much for a bag, you should love it. But I am not sure that I would want a bag that had been carried, even only once. I doubt that I would ever know but if I found out, I couldn't say that I would not be disappointed. When I am paying as much as I am for a bag, I kind of want to be the only one that carried it, unless I am buying pre-loved.

I get both sides

+1...I think part of the problem is LV's return/exchange policy as well. If LV actually attached the tag to the bags from the outside it would discourage people from carrying their bag out if they were unsure. If they decided to return it would be easier to tell if the bag was used based on the tag.

+1...I think part of the problem is LV's return/exchange policy as well. If LV actually attached the tag to the bags from the outside it would discourage people from carrying their bag out if they were unsure. If they decided to return it would be easier to tell if the bag was used based on the tag.

I agree, that would be a great idea. I don't tend to return things because it takes me while to get to the point of purchasing something. I would be happy with an outside tag attached in order to return.

I have often wondered about some of the bags I have seen in store. This week I was looking at pochette Metis, and I swear some they brought out were used!! Heavy patina, and scratched S lock. Hard to believe that they would offer to sell bags in that condition (even if they were older models). Luckily I found one that was pristine too &#128521;