Q. for stardust, suede or metallic B-bag owners...

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
I know a lot of people use apple guard for their regular bbags - but what about suede or metallic finish bags? If it's a dark suede bag does it matter if you treat it?

I've never had anything other than a regular bbag before, so I'm not sure what kind of care is best for my new craquele.

Any care or previous owners tips would be appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

I have a black stardust and I haven't done anything to treat it (I don't treat any of my bags). I have used the stardust pretty frequently since last winter and so far the bag is in great condition, no signs of wear whatsoever. My only worry is about the tassels. I feel like they are thinning out. Seriously, it may sound nuts but they look thinner than my other b-bag tassels. Based on the stardust experience, I have pre-ordered a city in BDR.

^^Has your stardust bag ever been caught in the rain or contact with water in any other way? That's my main concern. I know that regular b-bags "dry out" - but I wonder what will happen with suede?

I used an aerosol spray protectant for my suede city. It says its safe for leather and suede. I tested it afterwards using a few drops of tap water, water just beaded right off. I did cover the hardware with tape prior to spraying though. Cost was $10/can, which I managed to use for treating 2 bags and 2 pairs of knee high boots @ 2 applications each.

^^ I find that aerosol Collonil is fantastic for protecting suede or special finish leathers, without changing the original colour or texture of the skin.

That's great you kept your craquele, beaux: it was gorgeous in the pics I've seen of craquele.

^^Oh thank you. It really grew on me. I tired it on with a simple outfit: slim jeans and a crisp white A.P.C. top - I really liked the way it dressed it up a bit. It's my only non traditional bbag so far, and I figure I need one, right?

I'll look for that brand you mentioned. There's a professional leather and shoes place near my house I'm going to check out tomorrow!