Q. @ Bottega Veneta Hangbags......

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I have long thought about getting on of their large woven hobo's - My one concern has been:
    1.) does the woven part ever "snag" on something. I wouldn't say that i'm hard on my bags - but then again I don't want something I have to worry about all of the time (especially at that price).

My 2nd question is: is it less expensive to purchase these bags in Italy (or Europe in general?) - as opposed to here - or does it work out to be the same?

TIA!:flowers:

2. I don't know about your first uestion as I do not have a woven bag. As for your second question, it has been my experience that prices on these items are generally cheaper in Europe. The retail prices are a little lower than in the States because there is an import tax placed on them when they enter this country. Plus, you can get a VAT refund which will lower the price as well. I also find that there is a wider selection in Europe as well.

3. I have a ball bag and it has never snagged on anything. Actually, it is very durable. It is also as soft as can be. It is a very well-made bag. I highly recommend it. I don't know the answer to your question about pricing in Europe versus the US.

4. I agree completely with Kat: BV woven bags are very durable. I have a Campana and I have yet to have any issues with it. These bags are woven very tightly, so I can't imagine them snagging or catching very easily.

5. My mother has a woven bag and agenda from 1982, and they're both in perfect condition. I have been using the agenda for 2 years, and it's always bopping around in my bag, and it is totally fine. Bottega has great quality, I think.

Ryan

6. I have the large woven hobo and it never snags because the texture is pure smooth butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Ditto! I have the woven tote, absolutely no problems with it being snagged. These bag are so high quality and durable that I almost want to say it's impossible!...you definitely won't be disappointed! BTW, I very klutzy and rough with my bags too!
    Sorry, I don't know the answer to the second question. :hrmm:

(26) Bottega Veneta Woven Leather Tote, Large - 2690.JPG
  8. Thanks for all of the answers everyone. I BV just might be on my holiday list this year. :smile:

9. When I sold the line, snagging wasn't a problem, but you do have to remember that they're lambskin, and it's much more delicate than other types of leather.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice