Q about pomp - demagnetizing credit cards?

BattahZ

Jul 12, 2009
Has anyone had a problem with their cell phone/PDA in their pomp demagnetizing credit cards? It just occurred to me that having them packed so closely together could be a problem.

i have had standard flip phones and never have had a problem with my CCs in the slots in my pomp. i would be more worried about HH bags that have magnet closures (happened with my trophy). hth!

Thanks, ladies! I did some googling and it looks like the concern is more about the magnets in the Bberry cases rather than the actual devices. So that's good, I just won't put the cases in my pomp. I wondered about that, since I've always heard you should keep phones (cells and landlines) away from credit cards, but I always see people holding their phone and CC together and it seems fine.

I keep my iPhone in my Pomp 24/7. Terrible to say, since I've gotten the Pomp, I don't use any of my wallets. Haven't had any problems with the phone affecting my CC. I have also put single credit cards in the front pockets of my HH with the magnetic flaps and have never had any problem with those either.

Faf, when I went through that "test" with the Jackson mini wallet everything I read said a commercial magnet like the ones in the snaps can only really cause probs if it's right on top of the strip (with nothing in between). So like on the Jackson, I kept my cards as close to the magnet as I could for two weeks and nothing happened... there's leather between.

Has anyone had a problem with their cell phone/PDA in their pomp demagnetizing credit cards? It just occurred to me that having them packed so closely together could be a problem.

Your thread title (topic) seems to infer Pomp is a potential culprit. Pompidou has NO magnets or anything that can possibly affect your CCs. Don't you normally keep your PDA, phone and CCs in close proximity ?

I was referring to the proximity - I usually try to keep my phones in inside pockets in my bags, far from my wallet. I never really put them that close together in the past, so wasn't sure if it would be a problem.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Coming in to the fray after the fact, I was able to pick up a Pomp on eBay, and I, too, carry my iPhone there 24/7 - no issues with credit cards (other than over-use) whatsoever.

Librarian...too funny. I have the same prob with CCs - and now my Pomp keeps them all in order for me so it's even easier to access them!

BTW, love the comment under your name, "slip of the pen". Right up my street - why I use "just one more word". I think I would have to use lapsus clavis... slip of the keyboard. My handwriting doesn't slip, its gone into "totally unreadable and unrecognizable" mode after 15 years of heavy keyboarding.

...BTW, love the comment under your name, "slip of the pen". Right up my street - why I use "just one more word". I think I would have to use lapsus clavis... slip of the keyboard. My handwriting doesn't slip, its gone into "totally unreadable and unrecognizable" mode after 15 years of heavy keyboarding.

Good catch... :smile: My pen usually slips right on off the page, which is why I call 'handwriting' 'old technology'. Which is quite sad, actually -.