python vs watersnake

i like water snake because they don't curl up and still give that nice texture. i am planning to hunt for one in any style which suits my feet and are comfortable.

I actually prefer python skins but after seeing the water snake altadama, I'm sold on water snake!

Water snake is also cheaper than python and I do like the fact that the scales don't curl. But python skin has an incredible sheen and texture that makes it still seem so 'alive'. I know that sounds creepy but it's true.

Still, I've seen really good quality water snake that rivals so-so python skins.
For me, my preference also hinges largely on how well the skin is incorporated into the design. I've seen really hideous bags and shoes made with snake skin just because the designers could do so. Really ugly.

I'm also partial to cobra skin. Very fine texture and very rich color.

Reactions: Grande Latte
just tried watersnake altadama today and was surprise by how different it feels to python: softer and texture is more subtle...definitely better than python if u want low key option...but then again altadama isnt low key :smile:

On my prespective Both type of snakes are exoticly beautiful. Generally Python scales are bigger and look more classic and the size of the python itself bigger, but water snake have more Natural marking prints which is more attractive.

From my personal experiences on using exotics skin bags or shoes, I think Water-Snake is tougher on texture wise, and Python is more sensitive especially if dealing with liquids.

For example Python skins will get or look crinkle whenever get contact with spill water/wine/perfume/etc, but Water-Snake products will be more tougher when in contact with any spill liquids (real experiences happen not long ago with one of my handbag), but.....when you keeping both type of these exotic products make sure that the room conditions won't be to dry or to damp, it will both ruin the texture of both skins, dunno why exactly since I'm not a expert on that part.

On CL products wise, I think with the new collections of water snake on their lines, adding more style and choices for us and other customers to pick one or even have both type of exotic skins on their personal collections. Perhaps using the Python on Summer time (because of the weather will be more dry and rarely raining) and using the Water-Snake on Spring or even Winter because the weather normally intend to be colder and damp.

Hope this will be useful for you guys, especially the Exotics Lover and Cl Fans ;)

I agree with your comment on seasonal use.

I prefer a python skin to a watersnake I think the watersnake is more likely to show dirt. And the different type a of python skins are TDF!!!!!!!!! YUmmmmmmmmmy!!!

I like python more. But I love exotic skins either way. I would love to see cobra skin and karung snake skin on CL shoes! :P
It a bummer California banned sales of python products, that now I have to go to Las Vegas if I want something in python! :smash:

@Luxe_addiction : Yeah I hope they launch something with karung snake, probably will buy them as soon their on CL market....but just hopefully the price won't be as high as the python 🙈😁

Yay! Someone thinks the same as me!
I was thinking that karung snake skin would look so good on CL shoes. :P

@Luxe_addiction : Yeah I hope they launch something with karung snake, probably will buy them as soon their on CL market....but just hopefully the price won't be as high as the python 🙈😁

Yay! Someone thinks the same as me!
I was thinking that karung snake skin would look so good on CL shoes. :P

He's actually done shoes in Karung. The ones that come to mind are the Pigalle 120 (bronze), Simple, Boulima and Un Bout 120.