Python Exotic

Tulip2

Howdy Y'all
Oct 22, 2012
I'm interested in getting another Exotic Louis Vuitton handbag. I've found a Python Galliera for sale and am wondering what thoughts anyone might have about owning a python handbag.

I've searched the Forum high & low and there's not much information on python handbags.

Personally, I think they're beautiful. Although I'm very well aware that the python scales are very sensitive to say the least.

As cali_moon has let me know, the price of Exotics are crazy high. If I'm going to invest in one I need to know that with care it can be a very pleasant purchase.

Any help with their experiences is most appreciated. :hugs:

I'm interested in getting another Exotic Louis Vuitton handbag. I've found a Python Galliera for sale and am wondering what thoughts anyone might have about owning a python handbag.

I've searched the Forum high & low and there's not much information on python handbags.

Personally, I think they're beautiful. Although I'm very well aware that the python scales are very sensitive to say the least.

As cali_moon has let me know, the price of Exotics are crazy high. If I'm going to invest in one I need to know that with care it can be a very pleasant purchase.

Any help with their experiences is most appreciated. :hugs:

Hi Tulip, I have also seen several Gallieras in python on ebay (german website ebay.de) during past months and they are very pretty. Surprisingly their prices was always very low for a python bag.
One is here:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Louis-Vuitto...794074?pt=DE_Damentaschen&hash=item3f3a399d9a
If you haven't find much info her, check also other premium designer forums here as Gucci, Jimmy Choo... They also produce python bags, so perhaps there could be some information.
And good luck finding the best for you, either new or preloved!

Hi Tulip, I have also seen several Gallieras in python on ebay (german website ebay.de) during past months and they are very pretty. Surprisingly their prices was always very low for a python bag.
One is here:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Louis-Vuitto...794074?pt=DE_Damentaschen&hash=item3f3a399d9a
If you haven't find much info her, check also other premium designer forums here as Gucci, Jimmy Choo... They also produce python bags, so perhaps there could be some information.
And good luck finding the best for you, either new or preloved!

Wow, thanks Pavla. I really appreciate all of this great information! :smile:

Main concern I could see with whole python bag is with the scales lifting esp when it is worn against the body …I prefer ostrich as it is worry-free.
I looked at the python small speedy and my SA advised that is is not an everyday piece.

I love exotic leather goods and Python is gorgeous, but the whole python bag is not an everyday bag due to the scales lifting so easily even just one usage. Python bags require utmost care, absolutely cannot get wet or excessive heat and sensitive spots like bag corners get rub off very easily. I used to have python artsy and galleria and sold them both due to the above reasons. I still love python but prefer partial python on the bag, like just the bag handles. Like Shalomjude, I think ostrich and alligator/croc bags are much better investment, hold up well and require less care than Python.

253c3284-30bd-4e67-834c-9c8d06f9e0ce_zpse59f03f9.jpg

Last edited:
I have 2 python artsys and the problem I have is the scales. I am very careful with my bags but the scales always seem to lift up, especially on the handles. I wouldn't use it as an everyday bag.